• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ALPINEZONE SUMMIT at SUGARLOAF: March 26-28, 2010

WJenness

Greg
bvibert
severine
deadheadskier
JimG
wa-loaf
Woodcore (also skiing Friday at Saddleback and possibly Thursday and Monday as well
Reefer
DoubleEject
powdahound
Peter F. (he says he's been trying to sign up to AZ.....but I don't know how hard.........)

WJenness

Greg

Staff member
We're about seven weeks out. Okay, folks - time to start planning. Remember, this is one helluva deal. If you guys can team up to fully occupy a unit, it's only $136 per person for the whole weekend:

Here is the lodging package that the folks up at the Loaf put together for us:

AlpineZone Summit
March 26-28, 20

AlpineZone Package - $136 per person for the whole weekend*

Package Includes:
  • Two Nights of Lodging
  • Lift Ticket for Saturday
  • Free Lift Ticket For Sunday (pick-up at the AlpineZone Après Party on Saturday)
  • Free Friday Welcome Party
  • Free Saturday Après Party
  • Free Sunday First Tracks
*Packages based on maximum occupancy in a condominium unit. Tax and resort fees not included. Offer cannot be combined with other offers, discounts or promotions.

To reserve, call 800-THE-LOAF and mention the “AlpineZone Summit” or email lodging@sugarloaf.com to reserve your trip.

Here's the deal. The $136 rate is for maximum occupancy based on the following:

1 bedroom = 4 ppl
2 bedroom = 6 ppl
3 bedroom = 8 ppl
4 bedroom = 10 ppl
5 bedroom = 12 ppl

So if you're a family of four and rent a 1 BR, you'll get the $136 pp rate. If it's only 2 of you in a 1 BR, the price will be higher, but it was recommended to simply call 800.THE.LOAF, mention this is for the "AlpineZone Summit", tell them your situation and they will tailor the rate based on your particular situation. But again, if you want the $136 pp rate, you have to fill a unit. Each person in your group doesn't have to be an AZ member to get in on the lodging deal, but access to the parties and the free Sunday lift ticket will require proof of membership (we'll be following up on that one.)

Pass Holders: mention that you're a pass holder when you call and they will work out a lodging only discount.

Get a group together and reserve now!

wa-loaf

Going solo. Riv check your PMs. My plan is to drive up Thursday night and stay at friends in the Waterville area and hit Saddleback Friday before heading over to the Loaf.

wa-loaf

Well ... Looking for roomates or to hook up with another group.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've taken Friday off as well. Ideally I'd like to ski Saddleback, but it's entirely condition dependent. If it's not a spring corn day or they haven't had recent snow, I'll be skiing Sunday River.

wa-loaf

Need Help!

My crew fell apart. So I am now desperate for a group to join up with.

PM me if you can take me in ... :)

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I'm in as well. Going to try to pull the three day marathon (Saddleback Friday, then 2 days at the 'Loaf) despite rather limited time on the slopes this winter.

Originally Posted by reefer
Greg
bvibert
severine
deadheadskier
JimG
wa-loaf
Woodcore (also skiing Friday at Saddleback and possibly Thursday and Monday as well
Reefer
DoubleEject
powdahound
Peter F. (he says he's been trying to sign up to AZ.....but I don't know how hard.........)
WJenness
From_the_NEK

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Working out the details on the "credentials" and whatnot. Stay tuned!

Paul

Greg
bvibert
severine
deadheadskier
JimG
wa-loaf
Reefer
DoubleEject
powdahound
WJenness
From_the_NEK
Paul

There, that's better.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Who is pumped up for this weekend!!!??? Less than a month to go! That list is missing myself, skibum9995, and roark.

Greg
bvibert
severine
deadheadskier
JimG
wa-loaf
Reefer
DoubleEject
powdahound
WJenness
From_the_NEK
Paul
riverc0il
skibum9995
roark

For the cut and paste crowd. :D

WoodCore

Who is pumped up for this weekend!!!??? Less than a month to go! That list is missing myself, skibum9995, and roark.

Greg
bvibert
severine
deadheadskier
JimG
wa-loaf
Reefer
DoubleEject
powdahound
WJenness
From_the_NEK
Paul
riverc0il
skibum9995
roark

For such a great deal and the prospects this weekend has to be literally over the top, I'm a little shocked at the low number of folks that have committed so far.

Greg

Staff member
For such a great deal and the prospects this weekend has to be literally over the top, I'm a little shocked at the low number of folks that have committed so far.

Working on it. An announcement will be going out to all registered AZers this week, most likely.

PUMPED!

deadheadskier

Staff member

at 17, that's pretty decent. I was thinking 25ish would be a good number.

Certainly have a few things working against a larger turn out. Distance would be the obvious reason. BMMC certainly would be another.

What I don't see on that list is many Maine skiers. Where's backloafriver, tipsdown, mildcat, maineskier, salsgang, BobR (think he might have an SR event) and numerous others.

There are a number of Sundayriver board members that are infrequent AZ members as well. Is this event publicized on the SR board? might be a good idea and considering it's a fellow Boyne resort, I can't imagine too many folks being offended.

2knees and GrandpaPow? what's your excuse boys?

thetrailboss

Staff member

Greg
bvibert
severine
deadheadskier
JimG
wa-loaf
Reefer
DoubleEject
powdahound
WJenness
From_the_NEK
Paul
riverc0il
skibum9995
roark

For the cut and paste crowd. :D

Me and my SO are coming.

wa-loaf

Booked. FYI true cost pp is $156 with taxes and fees ... found a nice loft with lots of bed options in the fitness center.