• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

White Memorial RAW - 10/2/09

bvibert

Staff member
Since I was solo I decided to hit up White Memorial instead of Nass so that I could spend more time with my wife (it is her birthday today :oops:). I got started around 5:10 and finished right around an hour later. I made up the ride as I went along, it ended up being about 8.4 miles. Since there's not really anything technical about riding there I usually try to challenge myself in other ways, tonight I kept rolling the whole ride except for two quick stops right at the beginning to pee and stretch. I also tried to push myself to ride faster and harder when I started to feel tired. Hopefully that will help go towards building endurance a bit.

My legs felt like lead weights on the last hill climb. :beer:

o3jeff

Sit on the handle bars and ride it backwards or else you can only claim 3 of those miles on the bike log!:wink:

At least your get out riding.

WoodCore

Nice to see you got out tonight. Which loop did you end up riding??

WoodCore

BTW! Happy birthday Carrie! Hope you had a great day.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice to see you got out tonight. Which loop did you end up riding??

I started from 63, across from 61, like I always do and headed east on the white trail, around the beaver pond to the end, then back the way I came to the left that goes back to 63 a little south of where I started, then north on 63 for a bit and cross to the white trail again, follow that to the 4 (or 5 way depending on how you look at it), turn left there to some trails that go southish and then loop back to the white down close to where it ends on Whites Wood Rd, then back on the white to the 4 way, left to the trail that crosses 63 north or where I started, up and around, by the other pond, and back to the car.