Killington Web Site still in Summer!

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Killington Web Site still in Summer!

If you go to www.killington.com today, October 7, you get the Summer page as the default! I'm showing my age, but remember the good old days, when Killington celebrated Winter and Snow? Remember they started blowing Snow in September and opened the upper Mountain area, until in melted. Then they would open up for the season as early as possible, perhaps by mid October? Even if there was a little mud on the trails, the die hards were there. Remember they would stay open as long as possible, some years as late as mid June? Remember people could say they skiied Killington 10 months out of the year? Ah, the good old days. It's still a great resort, but the mystique is gone.

Ski Days 07/08 35
    Ski Days 08/09 2 Blue Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    If you go to www.killington.com today, October 7, you get the Summer page as the default! I'm showing my age, but remember the good old days, when Killington celebrated Winter and Snow? Remember they started blowing Snow in September and opened the upper Mountain area, until in melted. Then they would open up for the season as early as possible, perhaps by mid October? Even if there was a little mud on the trails, the die hards were there. Remember they would stay open as long as possible, some years as late as mid June? Remember people could say they skiied Killington 10 months out of the year? Ah, the good old days. It's still a great resort, but the mystique is gone.
    Probably will go winter early next week. With this weekend coming up being Columbus Day, K (as well as most ski resorts in the Northeast) are still in their "summer operations" mode with mountain biking/scenic lift rides/golf/etc. After the masses from the cities that will undoubtedly head to the mountains this weekend to look at the leaves head home, then from a marketing standpoint, it will be full on winter mode for most of them. Can't blame K (or other resorts for that matter) for still advertising summer events to make a few more $$ from non-snow revenue through this weekend.
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

so's AZ!
    Wait Till Next Year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Probably will go winter early next week. With this weekend coming up being Columbus Day, K (as well as most ski resorts in the Northeast) are still in their "summer operations" mode with mountain biking/scenic lift rides/golf/etc. After the masses from the cities that will undoubtedly head to the mountains this weekend to look at the leaves head home, then from a marketing standpoint, it will be full on winter mode for most of them. Can't blame K (or other resorts for that matter) for still advertising summer events to make a few more $$ from non-snow revenue through this weekend.
    Summer operations continue through Monday with the K-1 Gondola running from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for foliage viewing.
    We'll flip the website next week, so look for some cool new features.
    It's all good!

Sugarbush.com is now in winter mode

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Sugarbush.com is now in winter mode
    You can go to the winter site all year long by simply hitting the link on the top right corner of the Bush's home page. In the winter you can go to the summer site for info on summer stuff. Pretty cool.
    www.sugarbush.com
    www.firstlightphotographics.com

" Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all -- in which case, you fail by default,"

To beat the grim reaper in life it's not about how long you live but how you live it.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer View Post
    You can go to the winter site all year long by simply hitting the link on the top right corner of the Bush's home page. In the winter you can go to the summer site for info on summer stuff. Pretty cool.
    www.sugarbush.com
    I think most ski area websites do that.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    What? I've totally forgotten.

No, just kidding. Seemingly, they only ones who forgot is Killington itself.
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Quote Originally Posted by SpinmasterK View Post
    Summer operations continue through Monday with the K-1 Gondola running from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for foliage viewing.
    We'll flip the website next week, so look for some cool new features.
    Oooh! could I suggest a groomer simulator game! That would be cool, especially if you could simulate riding a winchcat down OL!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I don't know Killington's financial statements are now versus, say 1990, but I would venture to say they made more money back then when they had the old K culture. A couple of years ago I went to K on a weekday, and it was empty. I could count on one hand how many people were at happy hour at the Wobbly Barn. In the early 90's it would have been packed on a weekday.
    Ski Days 07/08 35
    Ski Days 08/09 2 Blue Mountain

Thread Information