Killington Web Site still in Summer! - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
    What? I've totally forgotten.

No, just kidding. Seemingly, they only ones who forgot is Killington itself.
    Amen, brother.
    Ski Days 07/08 35
    Ski Days 08/09 2 Blue Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I don't know Killington's financial statements are now versus, say 1990, but I would venture to say they made more money back then when they had the old K culture. A couple of years ago I went to K on a weekday, and it was empty. I could count on one hand how many people were at happy hour at the Wobbly Barn. In the early 90's it would have been packed on a weekday.
    Trying to compare the business state of K now verses back in 1990 has become an apples and oranges thing. Back in 1990, K was a ski resort with some real estate attached to it and was run that way. Nowadays the philosphy of the owners(S&P) seems to be that K is a real estate development with a ski area attached to it, and as such there is a significant increase in the emphasis to market K as a true 4 season resort.
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Oooh! could I suggest a groomer simulator game! That would be cool, especially if you could simulate riding a winchcat down OL!
    That's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Trying to compare the business state of K now verses back in 1990 has become an apples and oranges thing. Back in 1990, K was a ski resort with some real estate attached to it and was run that way. Nowadays the philosphy of the owners(S&P) seems to be that K is a real estate development with a ski area attached to it, and as such there is a significant increase in the emphasis to market K as a true 4 season resort.
    Interesting. I really wonder how that's working out for them. I still think the default home page could be a split screen between the fall foliage and the upcoming ski season on October 7th. I guess I'll have to go to Sugarbush's home page.
    Ski Days 07/08 35

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    If you go to www.killington.com today, October 7, you get the Summer page as the default!
    What are you expecting dude? It is freaking leaf peeping season!
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    What are you expecting dude? It is freaking leaf peeping season!
    I'm expecting snow, not tip toeing through the tulip with the likes of you
    Ski Days 07/08 35

Updated and using the new logo and whatnot:

http://www.killington.com/

I ski double black diamonds.

Thread Information