• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

B.C. skiing

skiguy

It has been my impression that most of the exchange here regards hiking and not skiing, but I certainly am looking for information on B.C. skiing. I've only skinned and skied in Colorado, but now live in New England. Can anyone let me know where the best skinning and teleskiing might be?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
pick up David Goodman's Backcountry Skiing Adventures in New England. two book, one features VT & NY the other features ME & NH. plenty of good backcountry in new england, though most of the best lines are 'sidecountry' local cuts off your favorite mountains. tap a local on the shoulder and ask for a tour. most of AZ's bandwidth actually is ski related. i assume a mod will relocate this thread into the skiing forum for you where you will likely get more responses.

nelsap.org is also a good resource for locating places to skin and ski. i really enjoy tracking up and down lost areas.