• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Morgan - Squam Lake

Angus

usually don't post hiking trips but did this one over the columbus day weekend and really thought it was a great family hike. Parking is across from the west rattlesnake parking lot. the sign says 2.1 miles, it's a easy hike with great views from the top - see below. when you get near the summit, you have option of a trail or cliffs with a series of ladders that the children loved.

Squam is in forefront with lake Winnipesaukee in background

Angus

drove thru Ashland and stopped at Bob's Shur Fine on the way out...felt bad for the cashier...walked in with 2 outs in the 9th and told her the Sox had a two-run lead! From the top of Morgan you can continue to Pervical which according to a couple of hikers does not have the views. that whole area is very pretty - I had wanted to drive up thru Sandwich Notch but time and the Fair precluded that...still on my biking list. You got me thinking and I found this trip report...http://www.hikenewengland.com/SquamRange081018.html - my other comment would be the Morgan-Percival loop would be excellent as a winter snow shoe hike...