• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dalbello VIrus - taking orders

skidmarks

Skidmarks - so you guys aren't carrying the Virus Tour (I think thats the name, the stiffer version with Dynafit fittings)? I see Phils comments, but any more info on the fit? Just a bit bigger than Kryptons, or much bigger etc? Do those buckles have micro adjustability (they don't look like it to me from pics I've seen). Does it feel like the 3 buckles without a power strap gives an adequate closure?? Any more specifics much appreciated.

We can get them but the Lite is the most stiff one. I had the boots on and they fit nice. I wear a 26.5 Krypton Cross and they are very very very tight. They needed lots of work to fit my foot. I could wear the 26.5 Virus on an all day tour and be fine.

wilcox510

The Lite is the stiffest one (and the lightest one)? How does that work? I thought the Tour was made of PU and was the stiffest, and the Lite was Pebax and a bit softer. The pics are all confusing too, all the pics I've seen of the Tour show it with a Truefit liner, but the descriptions all say it has an ID liner... Any thoughts on my other questions? I appreciate the info.

Hawkshot99

My dalbello rep stopped by today and had the Virus with him. Very cool boot. If I did not need to buy alpine boots I would be ordering a pair.....Still may.

skidmarks

The Lite is the stiffest one (and the lightest one)? How does that work? I thought the Tour was made of PU and was the stiffest, and the Lite was Pebax and a bit softer. The pics are all confusing too, all the pics I've seen of the Tour show it with a Truefit liner, but the descriptions all say it has an ID liner... Any thoughts on my other questions? I appreciate the info.

From what they told me (or how I remember it) the Lite with Pebax was the stiffest. Due to the tounge.
Let me get back to this one Monday with all the correct stats.

Slowkemo

We can get them but the Lite is the most stiff one. I had the boots on and they fit nice. I wear a 26.5 Krypton Cross and they are very very very tight. They needed lots of work to fit my foot. I could wear the 26.5 Virus on an all day tour and be fine.

I think you mean the Free is their stiffest one. According to the chart their rep sent me it has a 110 flex while the Lite is an 80 flex.

If someone knows how to post pictures from their email please enlighten me...or PM me your email address and I'll forward it along to you.

skidmarks

Virus are in!!

After a long wait they are finally here!!

Virus Free has a 110 Flex
Virus Lite has an 80 Flex but is extra light weight.

PM me for a special AZ price..

〽❄❅

dalbello virus updats please -

- it's been over a year now, what do you guys think of them now?

I've a few points i'm not clear on. First, the designer GP say's the pebax are for serious at skiers won't get soft in warm weather and hard in very cold, yet the flex rating is only a 80 for the lite vs., ≥100 for non pebax, so i have to question how warm are the air temps he's referring to that render a 110 -120 boot softer than a 80?
Second, how much does skier weight factor in to this as i'm around 130lbs + or - 3lbs and want theses to do double duty for lift serve and out of bounds bc?
Third, from the local XC touring i did in the park thanks to a great lasting snowfall for my city, i can see how the backward lean will help lunge the forward ski further ahead for a longer stride which seemingly would take us a notch up from a slow walking pace ascending. However i'm also thinking of how they'll perform in bounds and am weighing the +'s of the range of motion vs., the 100 rating of the new Salomon Quest Pro pebax which may be the stiffest pebax AT boot for aggressive downhill runs. And again this is assuming i need pebax for +32º to ~42ºF days?