• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone.com Facebook Page

Greg

Staff member
I created an AlpineZone.com Page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AlpineZonecom/284597450503

Feel free to become a fan. We already have a group, but there are limitations to groups. I can see two useful reasons for an AZ Facebook page:

1. I'll use it to post updates regarding large scale network outages like the one we had today.
  2. Hopefully, we can upload photos from a mobile device which can be used in live TR reports.
  3. ???
Anyway, enjoy.

tcharron

I created an AlpineZone.com Page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AlpineZonecom/284597450503

Feel free to become a fan. We already have a group, but there are limitations to groups. I can see two useful reasons for an AZ Facebook page:

1. I'll use it to post updates regarding large scale network outages like the one we had today.
  2. Hopefully, we can upload photos from a mobile device which can be used in live TR reports.
  3. ???
Anyway, enjoy.

FYI, I also reserved the facebook app name 'AlpineZone', as I was considering writing a notification gateway. However, if you ever have any sort of app you'd want to use it for instead, obv it's yours. :-D

wa-loaf

Not much happening over there ... even with the outages last night.

wa-loaf

Thanks for putting that to work yesterday. It was nice to not sit around in a vacuum not knowing what's going on.

bvibert

Staff member
It is a nice substitute to have. Hopefully we won't need it again for a while.

Greg

Staff member
It is a nice substitute to have. Hopefully we won't need it again for a while.

Agreed. It's a good way to keep people updated on what's happening.

Greg

Staff member
^^ requires heavier hand of moderatin than the forums :)

No kidding. :lol: Like I needed that with everything else going on. I guess some people don't need anonymity to act like a douchebag. Dude really is disturbing.

SkiDork

I tried searching for alpine zone and alpinezone on Facebook yesterday and neither search found it...