• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Climbing Jerimoth Hill on NPR's It's Only A Game

Sherpadog

Cute story. It always upset me how the guy who owned the property was so backwards that he took the stand that he did. My wife also lived on the high point. She grew up in the house that sat directly across the road from the trailhead and the number of people who used to come to her door with disappointment because of the situation was incredible. It wasn't like people needed to cross his front yard to gain access. The trail is off in the woods on the other side of his property. I personally used to sneak in numerous times if for nothing more than to get some redemption for all those that made the trip with no other intentions than seeing the marker. Happily those days are over and I congratulate and thank the new owners.