• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fischer Progressor 9

wa-loaf

Any chance you can get them without the bindings? I have a set of Tyrolia F17s I could use.

Grrr, fighting with myself over these ... already bought Wateas, Dukes, and new boots ... :smash:

I've got the Racetigers, but at 185 I think they are just too big and tough to handle, especially for beer league. My Ripsticks are good, but not quite as stiff as I'd like for racing.

wa-loaf

Trigger pulled ....

But that's it Dammit! No more skis for 2 years ... I feel dirty, but good.

wa-loaf

HA! Gear Whore! Congrats!

So....GS Suit or what?! We need to put Free Fall in their place!

I'm relegated (still) to 5th place. I'm there for comic relief!

No suit I need to lose 30lbs before I could pull one off (or is that on?). :puke:

Found out we are getting 100% of our bonus this quarter. Made it a little easier to pull the trigger ...

Sky

No suit I need to lose 30lbs before I could pull one off (or is that on?). :puke:

Found out we are getting 100% of our bonus this quarter. Made it a little easier to pull the trigger ...

Well...I've seen folks up there who don't seem to maintain your sense of....fashion.

Congrats on the bonus!

I've got some $ coming from the sale of the Supersports. They were (are) great but exactly the same everything (except shorter) as the RC4s....The Dynastars work for the few days I go and don't race (and early/late season risk-to-base days).

I'm not a fan of them...am considering a wider ride. May wait till the RnR....or just Demo @ Wa.

race suits are like spanx...slipping into one will make you look 30lbs lighter. Well, okay, maybe not, but it will make you about a second faster on a 30 sec course.

Definitely something you would want.

The Progressor 9+ is the ultimate Beer League and NASTAR ski. It has a Dual Radius design with the shorter arc on the front of the ski. Recreational racers frequently find themselves "late" at the gate and need a quick fix. The Fischer Progressor allows instant turn initiation but doesn't hook up on the exit as a slalom ski might. The radius of the back of the ski permits a sweeping GS turn. It's slightly fatter cousin, the Progressor 8+, has similar characteristics and I'd be happy with either but for racing, I'd opt for the 9+

A lot of Progressors were used (and quite successfully) at the NASTAR Nationals at Steamboat last year. Their owners swear by 'em. The 2010 model has an MSRP of $1295 with bindings included. Don't tell anyone :razz: but the only difference in the 2009 model is the topsheet graphics. A limited number of pairs of last season's Progressor 9+ are available for $549.99 with free shipping.

29vl9hc.jpg

Great description of the Progressor 9...not sure the guys at Fischer could have said it better! :razz: The construction is almost identical to the World Cup RC...just thinner sheets of metal, .5mm on the Progressor, .8mm on the WC RC. The Progressor 8 is 2mm wider under foot and has NO METAL in them and a tighter turn radius, its a 12m/15m "dual radius" while the 9 is a 13m/17m radius...the shorter radius is in the shovel...for initiation, longer radius through the rest of the ski for versatility. So the 8 is a better option for short turns and bumps while the 9 is a better option for hauling ass and beer league races. If I was still doing the Shawnee Peak Racing with the Moon I'd be on a 180 Progressor 9+...I'm 6'1 about 205.

bigski6969

Progressor 9

I've seen some good prices online for these. Curious if anyone has used them. The gears are turning ... but I probably shouldn't. Looking for a good cheater ski for night league.

Hey Wa, I have 2 pair new in plastic. Would like to flog them off. PM me if your interested

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Well...I've seen folks up there who don't seem to maintain your sense of....fashion.

Congrats on the bonus!

I've got some $ coming from the sale of the Supersports. They were (are) great but exactly the same everything (except shorter) as the RC4s....The Dynastars work for the few days I go and don't race (and early/late season risk-to-base days).

I'm not a fan of them...am considering a wider ride. May wait till the RnR....or just Demo @ Wa.

Yeah, who's that old dude with the spare tire who always wears a purple skin suit? That turns my stomach somethin fierce.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Great description of the Progressor 9...not sure the guys at Fischer could have said it better! :razz: The construction is almost identical to the World Cup RC...just thinner sheets of metal, .5mm on the Progressor, .8mm on the WC RC. The Progressor 8 is 2mm wider under foot and has NO METAL in them and a tighter turn radius, its a 12m/15m "dual radius" while the 9 is a 13m/17m radius...the shorter radius is in the shovel...for initiation, longer radius through the rest of the ski for versatility. So the 8 is a better option for short turns and bumps while the 9 is a better option for hauling ass and beer league races. If I was still doing the Shawnee Peak Racing with the Moon I'd be on a 180 Progressor 9+...I'm 6'1 about 205.

Make me an 8.5 and I might buy. :lol:

bigski6969

bigski, what length(s) do you have and what are you looking to get for them?

-w

I have a 170 and 178 I would like $250 each they are new in plastic never drilled PM if you would like photos Thanks!

wa-loaf

I have a 170 and 178 I would like $250 each they are new in plastic never drilled PM if you would like photos Thanks!

Those aren't the Progressor 9+ are they? They run by 5's 165, 170, 175, and 180.

bigski6969

Wrong size my mistake!

Those aren't the Progressor 9+ are they? They run by 5's 165, 170, 175, and 180.

They are the Progressor 9, a 170 and a 175, my husband just gave me the fish eye, so I STAND CORRECTED! LMAO Forgive my insolence! :snow:

wa-loaf

Damn, I'd want to see pics first, but I guess I jumped the gun. Not that I feel too bad about it ...

Another question, these seem to come with the bindings in most cases? I assume yours don't?

Wayne or anyone who might want these, I have a pair of these Tyrolia FF17 bindings that only have 2 days on them. I'd sell em for $100.