• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fischer Progressor 9

wa-loaf

They're here!
prog9.JPG

skidmarks

Now you need to start waxing those skis! Do you have a ski vise?
Wax with yellow,cool (next day) scrape and brush up to 8 times
Wax with Blue, cool (next day) scrape and brush.
Now the bases are ready for action

wa-loaf

wow, that was quick!

Waiting for me when I got home. Good service down there in CT.

Didn't Pat send you a pair of bindings?

LOL, yep. I have company over, but I wanted to toss one set on for the pic.

Now you need to start waxing those skis! Do you have a ski vise?
Wax with yellow,cool (next day) scrape and brush up to 8 times
Wax with Blue, cool (next day) scrape and brush.
Now the bases are ready for action

Got a nice Toko vice. Need to pick up more wax.

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
Are you going to use the ski for NASTAR/Beer League or for Zooming? I'm 187.5-192 LBS and plan on using the 170 for our Mt Southington Leagues. A 165cm SL race ski works great but it is very easy to overturn.

I might race at Southington. I tried the NASTAR last year at Okemo and had a lot of fun. I'm going to talk with some of the guys in the ski club on Thursday to get some perspective on racing at night.

Here's what I have now,

wa-loaf

I might race at Southington. I tried the NASTAR last year at Okemo and had a lot of fun. I'm going to talk with some of the guys in the ski club on Thursday to get some perspective on racing at night.

Here's what I have now,

That Racetiger or either Fischer will work just fine. You need to get something fatter for your next set.

Last edited:

gymnast46

Website
www.suburbansport.com

Do you belong to a CSC club? If not, Skidmarks will try to recruit you for AE and I'll do the same for Mt. Laurel. We're both pacesetters for the Monday Night Series.

Please visit us again at Okemo's NASTAR venue this year. I've been the coordinator and pacesetter there for the past three season. On a related note, NASTAR held the first East Coast Championship, the NASTAR Open, last year at Sunday River. The attendance was light because the announcement came late. This season it will be held at Windham Mountain Feb 6-7. The Nationals will be at Winter Park March 25-28.

BTW, if anyone else is interested in the Progressor 9s we have more in stock and the discount source code remains in effect.

Pat Moore

Last edited:
That Racetiger or either Fischer will work just fine. You need to get something fatter for your next set.

Don't race on the cool heats....76mm waist, too fat, no sidewalls...a little too soft torsionally for a scrubbed race course. Fun all mtn ski, but not as good as the RC4s for the beer league.