• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fischer Progressor 9

wa-loaf

I've seen some good prices online for these. Curious if anyone has used them. The gears are turning ... but I probably shouldn't. Looking for a good cheater ski for night league.

Mildcat

I was going to demo a pair last year but never did. Still thinking about trying some. If you try some out post your thoughts on here about it.

wa-loaf

what do you mean by cheater ski?

what is the progressor specifically designed to do?

Basically a non-FIS GS ski. So it's not quite as stiff as a race-stock and has a tighter turn-radius. Just a little easier to ski and you don't have to be as precise as you are on race-stock.

gymnast46

Website
www.suburbansport.com
Fischer Progressor 9+

aahhhh, so something I would want :lol:

Definitely something you would want.

The Progressor 9+ is the ultimate Beer League and NASTAR ski. It has a Dual Radius design with the shorter arc on the front of the ski. Recreational racers frequently find themselves "late" at the gate and need a quick fix. The Fischer Progressor allows instant turn initiation but doesn't hook up on the exit as a slalom ski might. The radius of the back of the ski permits a sweeping GS turn. It's slightly fatter cousin, the Progressor 8+, has similar characteristics and I'd be happy with either but for racing, I'd opt for the 9+

A lot of Progressors were used (and quite successfully) at the NASTAR Nationals at Steamboat last year. Their owners swear by 'em. The 2010 model has an MSRP of $1295 with bindings included. Don't tell anyone :razz: but the only difference in the 2009 model is the topsheet graphics. A limited number of pairs of last season's Progressor 9+ are available for $549.99 with free shipping.

29vl9hc.jpg

wa-loaf

pssst. Ski-Depot has them for $499, free shipping too ...

skidmarks

Pat's a little slow. $550.00 is a great price for the Progressor 9+. If you want a pair we always match price.

It looks like everyone who'll be racing at Mt Southington this season will be sporting a pair. It's going to be like F1 racing. Should be a fun ski for those fast days too.

deadheadskier

Staff member
So you have 3 new sets of skis? What are they? Do they make a nice quiver or do you have overlap?
which one goes first?

Quiver3.jpg

Axioms are the old dogs. Bought prior to 00-01 and still work great for deep days. Anything over 10 inches of fresh and they are what I want to be skiing.

B2s were bought prior to 06-07 as my everyday one ski quiver. They were bought to replace a pair of B1s I got in 03. They would be what is replaced. They are versatile, but don't really do anything outstandingly well. I would say carving on hard snow is their glaring weakness.

The BX's were bought for a song at the end of 06-07 specifically for bumps and are outstanding for that and perform better on hard snow than B2, but still not really a carving machine.

The High Society's were bought this summer and mounted with Dukes for slack country and powder skiing in all, but the deepest of days. Only have one short day on them on major hard pack mixed with random bumps. Lots to learn about these, but they're definitely burly. I think they'll be great carving long turns on packed powder and especially for their intended purpose of getting out in the woods. Hard snow days, I'll probably default to the BX.

The Progressor looks like a great carving ski. At least half my days are out on hard snow when the bumps / trees aren't all that great and the most fun to be had would be just ripping groomers with the occasional jaunt into ice bumps or tracked out trees. I'm not a racer. A Watea 78 might be more of what I'm looking for actually.

.......though I'm not looking you enablers!!!! :lol:

gymnast46

Website
www.suburbansport.com
Pat's a little slow. $550.00 is a great price for the Progressor 9+. If you want a pair we always match price.

It looks like everyone who'll be racing at Mt Southington this season will be sporting a pair. It's going to be like F1 racing. Should be a fun ski for those fast days too.

Skidmarks is right. We will match price and we have them available now. ski depot has to special order the 165 and 175 lengths. We have them in stock along with the 170 (but they won't last long!). At checkout, enter the source code of AZ9 and you'll get them for the $499 price.

skidmarks

I never liked the B2s very much. You really do need a carving ski to turn your collection into a quiver.
If you're 200+ lbs you'll want the 175. Happy carving!

It's nice to see that gymnast46 is alive and awake!

skidmarks

Progressor or Watea 78

just curious :???:

Based on your ski collection you need the Progressor to turn it into a quiver. The Watea 78 is a nice ski but it's real simular to the B2. A nice hard snow carving ski that hooks up on the ice and hard pack and carves is what you need. Feel the carve! Be the carve! You don't need to race to enjoy carving crisp round turns at warp speed.