• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 1/3 Storm Discussion Thread

skijay

I was in the 6 - 12" range, but when I got to my town and down my street, I was shocked! This picture was taken tonight. The surface below was grass on Sunday, I cut a path w/ snowblower to shed after the New Year's Eve storm.

Where is my snow!!!!! I guess it was an elevation storm. I am in the CT river "valley".

snow010306.jpg

Greg

Staff member
At least a foot for me - (elevation 860 ft.). Sundown had about the same.

2knees

Greg said:

Do you think it would be worth it tonight? was debating going, especially if they let gunbarrel bump up.

Greg

Staff member
2knees said:
Greg said:

Do you think it would be worth it tonight? was debating going, especially if they let gunbarrel bump up.
I would say yes. It never got above freezing today so the surface likely held up pretty well. My TR from last night.

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
2knees said:
Greg said:

I would say yes. It never got above freezing today so the surface likely held up pretty well. My TR from last night.

Yes, the surface held up really well. I hope you made it out last night 2knees.