• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Glove advice

Sky

I tried on the Swany glovesw I asked them to order for me....nice, all leather.

They also had Hestra gloves in stock...tried the glove....better than the Swany.

Tried the three-finger mitten....SOLD! Removable liner (which is a glove).

The Swany "thumb" wouldn't allow my had to expand/open all the way....glove's thumb was too short. Otherwise a very nice glove.

Here's what I bought. These are for when it's really cold.

http://www.hestragloves.com/www/liv...ct.aspx?treeid=321&shoptreeid=19&ProductID=63

I have other gloves that are lighter-weight.

Hawkshot99

You are some cold blooded people.

At all but the coldest temperatures I only wear a thin park glove. On the cold days(low teens and below) I wear a heavy park glove and my hands are still sweating.
I do not own any insulated pants/jackets and never close the vents either.

Sky

They had them that big in stock at WA?

Multiple pair! I tried on the Hestra Glove, that mitten...somebody else's all leather glove...other Hestra models...it was a glove-fest!

Lots of nice stuff...wouold have been happy with any of them....but the Hestra was that much more comfy.

bigbog

I tried on the Swany glovesw I asked them to order for me....nice, all leather......The Swany "thumb" wouldn't allow my had to expand/open all the way....glove's thumb was too short. Otherwise a very nice glove......

One of my pair of gloves(Marmot Ultimates) I had a glove with a thumb like that, was $35 (August sale @shop near Okemo)..bought em', spliced in a patch of matching leather..sewed up the spliced patch= free thumb..and they've been good to go since... At $35 I couldn't resist the challenge....:lol:

Last edited:

Mildcat

I purchased these, though in black for last season. Great glove, fingers never got cold and the versatility is fantastic. I'm not sure the same model is still available, but their 2 and 1 system is great.

http://www.levelninesports.com/leve...tml?gdftrk=gdfV2669_a_7c788_a_7c3034_a_7c6590

Just pulled the trigger on these. Good price but the shipping was high, $15 to ship a pair of gloves UPS ground. :-o

Well I got a chance to try them out in the NCP last Monday and my hands stayed dry all day. With the liner on the "grip" side my hands didn't overheat even with the warmer temps. I still haven't had the chance to try them out on a cold day but at the very least I have myself an awesome pair of spring gloves.