• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A place for your stuff/Need your input

skimawk

I was wondering where do you keep all the stuff you need when you go out for a ride. You know, spare tube, all n one tool, cell phone, wallet, sun block, etc. Does anyone use a drawstring bag that fits in your back pocket? What do you use to keep track of all our cycling stuff?

bvibert

Staff member
As a mountain biker I always have a hydration pack on that holds all my stuff. Not sure what I'd do if I was a roadie..

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
As a mountain biker I always have a hydration pack on that holds all my stuff. Not sure what I'd do if I was a roadie..
Its actually pretty simple, you just buy a small wedge that fits under your saddle. Mine has enough room for two tires, a multi-tool, cell phone, larabar or two, a little cash, etc. Could fit a can of air in there, b I have a pump on my bike so I can have two tires instead of just one. If I can not fit it into that wedge, then I probably don't need it.

sLoPeS

Really?........:roll:

1. camelback
2. pouch for under your seat (pump can go on tube wall)
3. your pocket

bvibert

Staff member
Its actually pretty simple, you just buy a small wedge that fits under your saddle. Mine has enough room for two tires, a multi-tool, cell phone, larabar or two, a little cash, etc. Could fit a can of air in there, b I have a pump on my bike so I can have two tires instead of just one. If I can not fit it into that wedge, then I probably don't need it.

I had an under the saddle deal for my MTB for a bit. It worked okay except that the tube bounced around so much in there that it actually wore a hole through it. I guess it's smoother sailing on a road bike. Mine was also pretty small; one MTB tube, levers, CO2 inflater, and a small multi-tool was about all it would fit. Now in my hydration pack I have 2 tubes, levers, multi-tool, pump, food, phone, GPS (sometimes), wallet, car keys, patch kit, first aid kit, water, shock pump (should really take that out), and some odds and ends like zip-ties, chain link, etc.. I don't like the idea of a frame mounted pump on the MTB either, I'm afraid that I'd knock it off or keep bumping into it. That's another thing that would be less of an issue on a road bike I guess.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I don't like the idea of a frame mounted pump on the MTB either, I'm afraid that I'd knock it off or keep bumping into it. That's another thing that would be less of an issue on a road bike I guess.

I've had mine bounce off a few times. Fortunately, I've always noticed pretty quickly, so minimal backtracking was necessary. I don't know why I just don't stick it in my pack.

Greg

Staff member
where's that pic of DMC?

I think he was ahead of his time....

Retro_Doug1989.jpg

:lol:

It all goes in the hydration pack...

drjeff

I've had mine bounce off a few times. Fortunately, I've always noticed pretty quickly, so minimal backtracking was necessary. I don't know why I just don't stick it in my pack.

My under the seat pack is latched in 3 places - 2 clipped teathers that go wrap around the seat supports, and then a third velco wrap that goes around the seat post. Keeps that sucker in place!. All my tools(tube, C02 inflator + spare shot, bike tool, etc) go in that pack, and then my cell phone/keys go in my hydration pack along with a map (if I need one for that days planned ride)

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
My under the seat pack is latched in 3 places - 2 clipped teathers that go wrap around the seat supports, and then a third velco wrap that goes around the seat post. Keeps that sucker in place!. All my tools(tube, C02 inflator + spare shot, bike tool, etc) go in that pack, and then my cell phone/keys go in my hydration pack along with a map (if I need one for that days planned ride)
My under the saddle bag has a clip and velcro also. I also have a stem mounted pump bracket.

Map???:smash: Where's the adventure in that?

drjeff

Map???:smash: Where's the adventure in that?

Most of the time, it's no map! But when ever I venture into a couple of state parks, especially 1 area that encompasses about 22,000 acres straddling the CT/RI borders, I'll toss a map in just in case I really get lost. Most of the the though if I bring a map, all it's doing is adding about 1/2ounce to the weight of my hyrdation pack :rolleyes:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Mountain Bike: Camelbak. Everything fits in there and I have a relatively old, smaller model.

Road Bike: Saddle bag and then I keep a few things in my rear jersey pockets. Anything that goes in the jersey pockets gets ziplocked. I keep my cell phone in one back pocket, some CO2 cartridges, a chuck and a credit card, old license and some cash in another and then usually I'll throw a cliff bar in the 3rd pocket.

atvkilla

How much stuff you carrying? Try one of those hippy cinch-sacks slung across the shoulders; carries ALL the useful supplies.:wink:

Rambo

Two tires??? I have never heard of someone carrying tires. Perhaps he meant Two Tubes?