• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

BeanoNYC

Hey Bob ..... Where are you guys staying after the Camden Show? I'm thinking about Philly, but don't know the mass transit situation for the way back (Ferry closes at 6pm) .... any ideas? I'll need you to PM me your number again as my cell phone has gone through the wash and I have a new one.

Vortex

Washing the cell nice. I'm staying with midnight. About 1 hour west of the city really kind of out of the way. You might send Robbie a pm. Carlo and he are together I assume at his folks place. pm sent.

Vortex

Beano.. there are a few tickets around on the Phil zone board. www.philzone.com thread there for Camden tickets or just post in the Camden File on DNC. Always the biggest Crowd. I'm sure you could find a friend to sit with or many will be on the lawn grouped.

BeanoNYC

Actually, I didn't realize how close my buddy is to Camden. He just moved to Willmington Delaware...about 40 minutes. He took care of the tickets, section 203. See you in the lot, bud.

Vortex

Know that is good news. I stayed in Wilmington on my way to Merriweather after Camden before. I think I'm section 100 almost at the back. Come early I'll get the grill going. See you there. Phone tag.

Vortex

Beano and Roark pm sent. Lets firm up a hook up. I'm leavigng tomorrow night. won't be home to Tues afternoon. Can't focus on anything but the Jam.

BeanoNYC

dmc said:
One of my bands is playing a big party near New Paltz then night before the Bethel Show...

you comig to Bethel??

I'll be up at Bethel .... Will you DMC? It would be great to get some lot action in with you.

BeanoNYC

Sorry for the late report:
Camden, NJ

Set 1: Jam> China Cat Sunflower> The Golden Road To Unlimited Devotion, Bird Song, Bartering Lines, All Along The Watchtower

Set 2 with Trey: Jam> Lady With a Fan> Terrapin Station> Jam> St. Stephen> The Eleven> Rosemary> Desire> Rosemary> Jam> Fire On The Mountain> I Know You Rider

E: Donor Rap/Intros
Box of Rain

After some confusion I met up with Bob in the parking lot. We had a great time catching up. Bob had a whole spread of food for us which was excellent.

We went into the show. I went to my seats and bumped into Bob on his way to the bathroom. He showed me to where him and his buddies were standing on the lawn but I couldn't find them. I had a great time just b.s.ing with people on the lawn before I found my friends and seats again.

Trey and Mike we a little boring. I was disappointed, I thought that they would open it up a bit. Phil was great as usual, although I don't understand why Joan was there. All she did was dance, really. I'm off to Bethel on Sunday and can't wait.

Thanks for the hospitality Bob!

Vortex

Just making a couple day token appearances at work. Nice to hang Rich. Its always an adventure with way too much traveling and little time to hang. Great to see Roak in Saratoga as well. Nice to see you guys come by and hang a bit. Bost and Hartford were were the best shows I saw. Would have liked to see the Reuben and Cherise in Jones Beach. My buddy gets the NBC box there. Lots of room great view also.

Took my kids to Summer Camp for a month on Sat. So JB ,Darrien and Bethel just were not in the plans. I did hike on Sunday so it was good. I had a decent run. I saw else where you were looking into Bethel Beano. Hope it worked out. DMC looks on paper like bethel was good.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Phil and Trey in Vt

Anyone going to the Phil Lesh and friends, Trey Anastssio w/ Mike Gordon show this Wednesday up at Essex Jct, Vt?

I'll be going IF my buddy and his girlfriend DO NOT make up from the fight they had over the weekend up at the Montreal Jazz Festival. I actually hope they make-up, she nice so it's kind of a win/win for me.

BeanoNYC

Wow...What a show and venue.

Bob R said:
I had a decent run. I saw else where you were looking into Bethel Beano. Hope it worked out. DMC looks on paper like bethel was good.

Boy did it ever work out! Got to the lot nice and early and set up shop before the vendors.
The venue is absolutely magical. Beautiful views of the stage from everywhere. The scenery there was very nice too. The people who designed Bethel did a real good job. Everything was spread out so nice, you don't even realize how many people were there.

The show was great and had a lot of energy. A few missteps along the way by the band but very forgivable. A clumsy transition from Shakedown to Cumberland and a few vocal miscues by Phil and Joan in the second set. This was probably the best I've ever seen Phil and Friends....Trey really added a lot to the second set.

Anyone seeing Bobby at Radio City on Thursday? I may take my friend up on his ticket offer even though my wife's family is coming in from Norway on Friday.

dmc

Bethel was absolutely amazing... A great afternoon of music...
The venue is not to be believed.. They preserved the original concert site and created a world class venue...

BeanoNYC

Just read on DNC and double checked. The second set at Bethel with the exception of the opening of UJB, was the exact same set that the Dead played in 69 at Woodstock.

Vortex

I have a bunch of friends hitting radio city on thurs. Sounds like fun just to go to the venue. All reports from bethel have been great. Just bring back Barry. Glad all had fun.

dmc

BeanoNYC said:
Just read on DNC and double checked. The second set at Bethel with the exception of the opening of UJB, was the exact same set that the Dead played in 69 at Woodstock.

Indeed it was... At first as I was listening to it - I thought so - but then I suspected my buzz was getting the better of me.. :) The nod to Woodstock was great.. We sat on the ridge looking over the original site for a while.. It was really nice..

Also - Trey played an OUTSTANDING guitar solo on UJB... NExt to Warrens solo on Cortez at Mountain Jam... it's the solo of the summer for me..

BeanoNYC

DMC the original site was to the patron's back if he/she is facing the stage? Past the paths? I was trying to figure it out. It was a great from there anyway. I took some time to sit down and take in the scenery.

dmc

BeanoNYC said:
DMC the original site was to the patron's back if he/she is facing the stage? Past the paths? I was trying to figure it out. It was a great from there anyway. I took some time to sit down and take in the scenery.

yup - behind.. little barn at the bottom f the field... Monument at the top by the road..

Sorry we missed each other... Very busy time for me right now..