• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
show was great!

Went to the Phil/Trey/Mike/Joan show on Wednesday. Despite the pouring rain for most of the show, they played several sets for over 6 hours.

People kept dry in the grandstand but we had our rain gear so standing in front of the stage in ankle deep mud was not a big problem. For some fun on the side we bet how many dancing fools would end up on their butts, also the natural wet t-shirt contest was slightly distracting..:lol:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Boo hoo. :(

I had to turn down a 4th row center ticket for the Ratdog/Cheese show tonight at Radio City. I suppose, I can't really complain...I do have a 3.5 week old at home. But Radio City is such a great venue. Some buddies went last night, I still have yet to hear the word.

BeanoNYC

marcski said:
Boo hoo. :(

I had to turn down a 4th row center ticket for the Ratdog/Cheese show tonight at Radio City. I suppose, I can't really complain...I do have a 3.5 week old at home. But Radio City is such a great venue. Some buddies went last night, I still have yet to hear the word.

Congrats on the baby! I heard from my buddy. Good show. From what I can remember the highlights are:

Shakedown
Help>Slip
Weather Report>Lady with fan
Hard Rain's gonna fall
Slip>Franklins

Many blanks to fill in there, though.....many.

Vortex

You guys like that Jam stuff?

Looking at buying tickets for Dylan on August 27 in manch Nh and WSP on the 20th of Sept in manchester as well. Still up in th air about Dog at Hampton beach usually a late night on a school night. Bad Combo.

BeanoNYC

Bob R said:

Do you go to the bathroom during drums and space Bob? Say it 'aint so Bob, Say it 'aint so.......

oh, by the way .... you would LOVE Railroad Earth.

maineskier69

Bob R said:

Looking at buying tickets for Dylan on August 27 in manch Nh and WSP on the 20th of Sept in manchester as well. Still up in th air about Dog at Hampton beach usually a late night on a school night. Bad Combo.

If I can do it on a school night anyone can!

Was suppose to take the wife to James Taylor here in Portland that night but I double booked myself. I am sure she will have a good time without me! lol

Vortex

Jim do you have an extra for Hampton beach? What are drums and space? I love that touch of Grey single. No I only go to the bathroom during Bobby Tunes. Not much of a problem.

Last edited:

maineskier69

I unfortunately do not have any extras. I picked up only one when we went to see Umph/Galaltic.
Is it sold out already???

BeanoNYC

maineskier69 said:
Like "20ing" your way into "The Spectum" in Philly???

Yeah kinda. Bob and I went to see Phil at Hammerstein in NYC. Him and his buddys had Seated GA upstairs and I had standing room only, GA. He made some fun of my "New Yorkness" because I cooly said "no problem Bob, I'll either trade the ticket with a scalper or '20' my way upstairs." Sure enough...Bob and I got to see the show and tear up the rug together.

Vortex

I bought my Dylan tickets for August 27th in Manchester. Also of interest this fall Jimmy Herring... He will become the new lead guitaris of WSP. I plan on making the Sept 20th show in manchester. Tickets go on sale the 11th of August.

Vortex

I bought tickets for wsp at manchester and boston Sept 20th and 22nd. jimmy herring will be playing lead guitar. Looks like Rat Dog may be a problem for Hampton. Wife has a girl scout event. I have home duty. All heading to the Vibes. Enjoy the line getting in.:beer: