• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

BeanoNYC

I remember going to Bridgeport for this about a year after Jerry died...maybe a different place in Bridgeport. I seem to remember the year after that being up at SUNY Purchase.
Who know's .... it's all a haze. ;)

Vortex

It was here in the past. The ny biker local is no more. DNC has a thread on this in the community gatherings. You should make this one Beano. They have a board camping area. Easy to hang. Biggest get together each year.

BeanoNYC

The ny biker local is no more.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're getting at.

You should make this one Beano. .They have a board camping area. Easy to hang. Biggest get together each year

You don't have to put a gun to my head for me to have a good time. If I'm in the country, I'm there.

Last edited:

Vortex

Rich it was in Mairaville NY, a private area owned by bikers the past few years.

I made the one there where Phil and friends headlined. It took 9 hours to get in. That was the end of that local for me.

Glad to see a venue change and I'm in.

BeanoNYC

Rich it was in Mairaville NY, a private area owned by bikers the past few years.

I made the one there where Phil and friends headlined. It took 9 hours to get in. That was the end of that local for me.

Glad to see a venue change and I'm in.

ahhh ok. I didn't know that happened.

dmc

So "The Lake Ave Project" has it's first set list ready for our first gig in the next month or so... Probably a Thursday or Friday night in Ct.. Totally stoked on this one...

Set 1
Gotta Jiboo ->Cold Rain &Snow ->
She’s the Moon(original)
Althea
Take a Look(A DMC original)
Despair City(original)
Drifting->Bertha

Set 2
Shakedown St.
Scarlet->Fire
Birds of a Feather
A Million Miles Away(original)
Beautiful to Me(original)
Up on Cripple Creek
Franklin’s Tower
Ramble on Rose

Vortex

Close with Franklins. Just busitin I love that to close a set.

Excuse my ignorance... is that Gotta Jiboo a Phish tune.

I think I heard that on Cirus Jam on the other night. Kind of sleeping, woke up and was wow this is good, glasses off I thought it said it was that tune and by Phish. I get is though dish network so yes my tv was on. Not a phish guy but that rocked.

Birdman829

First post in this thread. Just recently got into the sort of jam band scene. I've always liked a few songs by the Dead and other bands like them but I've recently listened to it more and more. Anyone else a big John Butler Trio fan?

dmc

Close with Franklins. Just busitin I love that to close a set.

Excuse my ignorance... is that Gotta Jiboo a Phish tune.

I think I heard that on Cirus Jam on the other night. Kind of sleeping, woke up and was wow this is good, glasses off I thought it said it was that tune and by Phish. I get is though dish network so yes my tv was on. Not a phish guy but that rocked.

Jiboo is a Phish song..

We've actually been thinking of doing a really hard Dead song... Like Terrapin or St Stephen...

dmc

First post in this thread. Just recently got into the sort of jam band scene. I've always liked a few songs by the Dead and other bands like them but I've recently listened to it more and more. Anyone else a big John Butler Trio fan?

JBT is good stuff...

dmc

I love jazz... Good jazz... not smooth jazz...

dmc

Played a great version of "On the Road Again" with my deadhead band in CT. last night...

Love that song...

Vortex

I saw Bobby fell to one knee while playing in Rochester on the 3rd.

I'll be in Concord Nh Monday and Bost on Tues. Nice seats Tues. Local Bobby show. Cool.

Vortex

Anyone catching Ratdog in Concord or Bost? CKofer? I would have made Springfield Too but race finals next thurs.

Toinght is the start of the Beacon run. Next Weekend is Penns Peak. Heard alot of nice things about that venue. I have a buddy looking for a Friday Penns Peak. Anyone?

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I'm going tonight to the Beacon. I would have loved to have seen him the other night up in Peekskill..not that far from me and a fun venue...out of the city..but c'est la vie. I'm psyched....a good dinner and some good tickets via mail order for tonight! (Although, I have to tell you....these days...I think I might rather be at home watching the Islander/Ranger game tonight...did anyone see the game on monday night..DiPietro had like 56 saves...unbelievable!..If it were Phil.....I'd be more psyched)

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Overall a pretty good show. Mark Karan was rocking and bobby let him turn it up pretty loud too. :) They loved each other was a hightlight of the first set. Lost sailor was great and we were hoping for the saint...which we got, but it was disappointing.

Second set highlight was Estimated. Great Jam, again ripping guitars and Robin's bass was thundering pretty nicely.

set list via ratdog.org:
3/8/2007 Beacon Theatre, New York, NY
I: Jam > The Music Never Stopped > Mama Tried > Baby Blue > Money for Gasoline > They Love Each Other > Loose Lucy > Lost Sailor > Saint of Circumstance > GDTRFB*

II: Stagger Lee@, Mexicali Blues@ > Looks Like Rain@ > Jus' Like Mama Said > Estimated Prophet > The Other One+ > Stuff*+#% > Black Muddy River > Sugar Magnolia
E: Uncle John's Band
*-with Dred Scott (Keys); #-with DJ Logic (Turntables); %-with Tom Pope (Drums); +-? horns;