• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

madskier6

Missed that...too bad you posted after the fact without giving us any warning. :)

If I had known in advance I would have posted before the fact. :wink: I just happened to be watching Conan and they were the musical guest. It was during the week of shows that Conan did from San Francisco. Understandable that Ratdog would be one of the musical guests during that week.

Vortex

That is cool. I read your post the other day. Commercial Dead.

DMC... Do I bring my boards next weekend? I hiked and got some small Patches at the River last weekend. Probably on the agenda again this weekend.

dmc

That is cool. I read your post the other day. Commercial Dead.

DMC... Do I bring my boards next weekend? I hiked and got some small Patches at the River last weekend. Probably on the agenda again this weekend.

I'll let you know after the weekend...
Looks like we may have a patch to ski...

Vortex

So doug has the season come to an end or is there a decent patch left? I got a 300 ft patch and another 150 foot patch on vortex at SR this weekend. I could live with that being the end. I'll hike hunter either way this weekend. I brought my gear back though.

dmc

So doug has the season come to an end or is there a decent patch left? I got a 300 ft patch and another 150 foot patch on vortex at SR this weekend. I could live with that being the end. I'll hike hunter either way this weekend. I brought my gear back though.
\

We got about 200 feet of snow left on Hellgate...

BeanoNYC

I was thinking about camping on my friends property for mountain jam but my incision started bleeding yesterday. Too much, too soon. Gathering of the vibes is an option for me, if I'm not in Norway. (Don't worry Doug, I'll pick up some bacon in a tube if we can plan on meeting before it's expiration.) Aug 9 is my 5 year anni, so maybe I'll show up on the 10th or 11th.

dmc

I was thinking about camping on my friends property for mountain jam but my incision started bleeding yesterday. Too much, too soon. Gathering of the vibes is an option for me, if I'm not in Norway. (Don't worry Doug, I'll pick up some bacon in a tube if we can plan on meeting before it's expiration.) Aug 9 is my 5 year anni, so maybe I'll show up on the 10th or 11th.

mmm... Bacon in a tube... :)

I can't believe MtnJam is in a couple of days... It's like friggin Xmas to me... Sorry you can't make it... I'll be at the vibes.. Psyched for that too...

Vortex

Get well Beano. vibes should work for many of us. I'm in on that as well. Doug can you post when you get home... how it all works at MtnJam? Can you come and go/ hang in the lot BBQ. Trying to figure what to pack. Hoping I could get back to a car to get a change of clothes as temps change, do the Flesh burning I love.. Seen posts elsewhere the entry is a bit tough with security, but mellow once in.

thankx.
Leaving B-town around 3 tomorrow.

Ow most important. How close to Hunter can I buy a couple of cases of Saranac Pale ale. My fridges are thirsty.

I found my anserws.

Accessibility [ back to menu ]

This site is on rough and rugged terrain, grassy, on a slope, and uneven. If it rains, there will be mud. Please come prepared.

On-site Camping is Limited. The On-Site camping area will be in close proximity to main festival site. Only those with Camping Tickets will be permitted in the Campgrounds. In addition to camping wristbands, each tent will be issued a permit that must be affixed to the tent for the duration of the festival.

There will be a special needs viewing area at the main stage.

Box Office Hours - At Festival
FRIDAY: 10AM-1 AM
SATURDAY: 10AM-10PM
SUNDAY: 10AM-8PM

Parking Lot Opens At 10 AM Each Day

Concert Campgrounds Open At:
FRIDAY: 10:00AM
SATURDAY: 11:00AM
SUNDAY: 11:00AM

Concert Gates Open At:
FRIDAY: 3:00PM
SATURDAY: 11:00AM
SUNDAY: 11:00AM

Security / Safety [ back to menu ]

Event Security and Safety will be located throughout the site for the entire duration of the event. If you have an EMERGENCY, find a staff person with a radio or go to the nearest security station, information booth, medical station or security personnel. There will be a central security and first aide location within the main lodge.

What Will Be Provided [ back to menu ]

Drinking water
Wash Stations
Showers
Outdoor Portable Toilets and Indoor Toilettes
Crafts Vendors
Food Vendors Outside and 24/7 food inside the Lodge
Packaged Beer for sale to campers
Pay telephones
ATMs - Please come prepared with enough money to last the weekend, in case the ATM machines are out of service.
There will be a general store in the Learning Center building near the camp grounds.

Cellular Phone Service [ back to menu ]

There is limited cellular phone service. Due to the mountainous terrain, cellular phone service may be unreliable. Pay phones are available in the base lodge.

What To Bring [ back to menu ]

Everything you'll need for the concert:

Raingear, a hood and extra pair of shoes, sneakers, mud boots, bug spray, a blanket to sit on, sunscreen, hat for shade, plastic container or two for water, plastic bags for trash, flag or balloon to identify your site, ear plugs, a camera, pen and paper for names, addresses and of course, play lists. Small camping chairs will be permitted in the concert area.

If you are camping:

In addition to tent, tarp, chairs and food, the following items are recommended and will make your weekend more enjoyable. - Extra toilet paper, a lantern or flashlight, extra trash bags, portable radio, small luggage lock for your tent and no valuables. Coolers and food from outside the Festival are only allowed at the On-Site Camp Grounds Small propane cook stoves will be permitted in the On-Site Camping area. No charcoal grills or open fires permitted.

DO NOT BRING [ back to menu ]

The Following are not allowed on the festival grounds or camping area:

Weapons of any kind
Fireworks
Illegal Substances
Open Fires
Vending without permit allowed (If it appears that one campsite has an unreasonably large quantity of beer, it may be assumed that there is an intent to sell beer and it will be confiscated)
Bicycles scooters or go carts, ATVs
Glass of Glass Bottle containers
Professional Photo or Video Equipment
Pets (Please leave your pets at home)
Food or Beverages or Coolers not allowed in Concert Area
Box Trucks
Umbrellas
Aerosol sprays
Camelbacks not allowed in Concert Grounds
Video or Professional Cameras. Click Here for explanation.

On-Site Camping [ back to menu ]

You must have proper wristband to set up camp at On-Site camping. Food and Beverages from outside the festival are allowed in the On-Site Camping area only. NO Recreational Vehicles (RV's) will be permitted because we do not have the extra space needed for them. The campgrounds will open on Friday and close early Monday morning. Those who are camping will be permitted to leave the concert area and return to their camp sites. Concert-goers without a camping wristband will not be permitted to enter the Camping Area. There will not be any cars permitted in the campgrounds so you may want to bring a small wagon to help haul your gear. There is a camping drop-off area where you can unload your stuff before you park your car.

RV's [ back to menu ]

RV's are not permitted at Mountain Jam. No hook-ups will be provided.

Do Not Drink and Drive [ back to menu ]

Even though there is close proximity from the event site to off-site camping and lodging sites, please, if you chose to drink, do not drive.

Medical Consideration [ back to menu ]

Syringes
Any person bringing a syringe will need to show medication, prescription and photo ID.

Use of illegal drugs is not permitted. Anyone using illegal drugs will be subject to removal from the event, and will not be allowed back in.

Those who have special dietary needs may bring food for personal use only into site. Factory sealed, non-glass, water bottles are also allowed.

Medical Emergency [ back to menu ]

There is an onsite emergency unit, and infirmary at the base of the mountain.

Please behave responsibly. Event producers are not responsible for attendees' actions. Be respectful of your neighbors and friends at the show.

Accessible Parking [ back to menu ]

Accessible parking license plates, placards and hangtags are issued though each state's department of motor vehicles. People with mobility disabilities should get requisite documentation from their doctors for handicapped parking.

Information Center [ back to menu ]

Information center will be located in the Base Lodge.

If assistance is needed while conducting business with a vendor, either request the assistance from the vendor or a member of the Mountain Jam staff.

Pets [ back to menu ]

Pets are not allowed and pet owners will be required to take the animal to a kennel.

Service Animals [ back to menu ]

Service animals which have been trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability are allowed. The owner of the animal may be asked to describe the type of service the animal provides.

Cameras [ back to menu ]

No Video or Professional Cameras are Allowed.

A professional camera in any camera with a removeable lense, or lenses over 2-3 inches.

If in doubt we suggest you don't bring it.

Alcohol [ back to menu ]

Reasonable amounts of alcoholic beverages (NO KEGS), for personal consumption only (NO VENDING), by folks who are of legal age (21 and older), will be permitted to be brought into the camping areas. If, however, in the security's judgment it appears that the amount of alcohol is excessive for the number of persons entering the camping areas, or if anyone is under 21 years of age, the organizers reserve the right to deny entry to the camping areas.

Kegs may not be brought onto the property. Please keep these things in mind and be sensible about how much you plan to bring in.

Packaged beer will be available for purchase by campers near the entrance to the campgrounds. Poured beer will be available in the Lodge and throughout the concert grounds. Spirits will be available in the bar area in the Lodge.

Parking [ back to menu ]

Please park in designated spots only. Illegally parked vehicles will be towed at owner's expense.

The parking lot will open beginning noon on Friday for On Site Campers.

The event site will be open during show times only.

A $3 parking surcharge will be added into all advance ticket sale services charges; and people buying tickets the day of the show will be charged $3 on top of ticket price.

You can go in and out of the parking lot during the festival.

Re-Entry [ back to menu ]

Your wristband will allow you to leave the festival area and to return to your campsite or car.

Children/Kids Area [ back to menu ]

Children under 10 admitted at no charge with paid adults. There will be a small children's area at the show for your kids to hang out/play in.

In Case of Emergency [ back to menu ]

There will be emergency medical personnel and Security personnel onsite around the clock. If you need Emergency medical or police attention, find a staff person with a radio, go to an information booth, medical tent or tell on of the security personnel. Try not to lose your car keys or lock them in your car. Please keep parking areas clear of discarded bottles and other hazards.

Lost and Found [ back to menu ]

Lost and found will be located at the information booth. If you lose something or someone, check there. You may also post information on our MountainJam.com website message boards.

Have Fun [ back to menu ]

Most importantly, have fun, be nice to each other, have a little patience, drink enough water and give the gift of laughter to the people around you during Mountain Jam.

Help your neighbors, make friends, and have an awesome time.

Last edited:

dmc

It poured last night but its gorgous out now...
See you tonight Bob - call me when your on your way...

dmc

Transcript of a text messages between myself and an old touring buddy that couldn't make it but was watching the webcast... Kinda like old days... But not really.. :)

Bill (6/3 7:59 pm): Shakedown was a good open. Gotta luv the net
Me (6/3 8:02 pm): Fotd
Bill (6/3 8:04 pm): Hmmm starting to go in2 something..
Me (6/3 8:05 pm): Althea
Me (6/3 8:06 pm): Sick!
Bill (6/3 8:06 pm): Good call
Bill (6/3 8:08 pm): :)
Me (6/3 8:18 pm): Sweet .. Low spark
Bill (6/3 8:18 pm): Yeah!
Bill (6/3 8:30 pm): Like 2 hear light up next
Bill (6/3 8:41 pm): Is this new or new new?
Me (6/3 8:43 pm): MountainsMoon
Bill (6/3 8:50 pm): ?
Me (6/3 8:50 pm): Masons children
Me (6/3 8:55 pm): Candyman
Bill (6/3 8:58 pm): Nice but where r the bobby songs
Me (6/3 8:58 pm): Hmmmmm
Bill (6/3 9:05 pm): Twirl baby twirl
Me (6/3 9:14 pm): How's the video?
Me (6/3 9:15 pm): Eyes
Bill (6/3 9:16 pm): Fuckin' amazing
Me (6/3 9:20 pm): John scofield
Bill (6/3 9:30 pm): Fotm
Me (6/3 9:31 pm): Fast as shit
Me (6/3 9:38 pm): 5 minutes
Bill (6/3 9:39 pm): Appears 2 have music sheets 2
Bill (6/3 9:58 pm): Just got back, what is this?
Me (6/3 10:00 pm): Unbroken chain
Bill (6/3 10:01 pm): Yep
Me (6/3 10:05 pm): Darkstar
Bill (6/3 10:06 pm): Time 2 walk around...
Me (6/3 10:07 pm): :p
Bill (6/3 10:34 pm): Wheel?
Me (6/3 10:35 pm): Tease
Bill (6/3 10:48 pm): I'm out, gotta get up very early. Enjoy the rest.

dmc

I did the webcast thing thanks to you Doug....It was awesome....like being there...well o.k. like being there while still lying in my bed and sofa in my house. But you know what I mean.

there's webcast recordings floating around... I have the Phil sets but there's some wierd cuts...

It's really good... Scofield=SICK!!!!