The Grateful Thread - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 257 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    I didn't write the poem.... It was sent to me with no author... unfortunately...

You are a heretic for not liking "Morning Dew" That song still brings a tear to my eye... Jerry's gravely voice sideslipping around an apocolyptic event...

As fat as Brent is concerned... I thought he was awesome!!!! "Tons Of Steel", "Far From Me", "Easy To Love You", "Just A Little Light"...

I even liked "I will take You Home".... But not until after he died... wierd I know...

Awesome keyboard player and a great singer...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

DMC that was great.

BeanoNYC thatks for taking the lead.
    I was lazy cool thread.
    These days my money vacation time and deadication lies on the Phil side.
    My old touring buddies some still stop by call it the New Dead.
    I have seen most of the different band organization with the excetption om Kimock and the RR Earth guys.

Stay pretty local 7 to 8 hours from home at the most. I did make the Q's last Red Rocks appearance cause it just made sense.
    I think I'm sitting at 54 Phil shows (8 ordered for the spring tour) and 119 Dead. Never counted Jerry or Ratdog or Go ahead or the other side bands or Further festivals. around 250+ ticketed Dead related shows probably a bit more.

Kind of stopped until Phil's band came out.

The thing in the old days no money plenty of time as I get older money a little easier, but can't miss a kids sporting event to catch a show.

Chile Franklins Towers Rocks in both Bobby's and Phil's band these days. I kind of like the Jerry versions myself also.

Tour highlights... I went through the NY state Museum in Albany on one of the Spring Albany tours and it was with my buddy Kevin.
    Jerry and some very young lady with him said hellow and just left him some privacy.
    Ran into Billy and Mickey at a Go Ahead show in West Hartford the Augora Ball room. Literally we bumbed into each other.
    I met Vince at A Mickey Hart show in Hampton beach got his Auto. I met and chatted a bit with Phil at a Blood drive in Phili a few years back got my picture all that Jazz.

I saw the 1st Unbroken Chain.

Ow thankx Mrs for letting me go.
    Skiing is my addiction.

Check out the Philzone board. Phil asked to have it shut down for a bit. www.philzone.com ... read message from Phil.
    Skiing is my addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob R
    Check out the Philzone board. Phil asked to have it shut down for a bit. www.philzone.com ... read message from Phil.
    Phil is awesome..
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by dmc
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob R
    Phil is awesome..
    There are a lot of dickheads out there who need the attention they can only get anonymously on a board like this or PhilZone. It's pretty sad. How'd you like to be as famous as Phil? I bet he has to hide everywhere he goes just to stay away from all the nuts. He's remarkably patient......

As with any board there is good and bad. I post on DNC... the Dead's own board a bit. Usually in the ski pages.
    The Philzone gives a lot of good info, but it all starts with Phil. I'm registered there but don't post.
    I'll play by his rules if I can go to shows. Why would you not anyway? I am amazed what people will do. On line activities do leave accoutability issues a little difficult at times.
    Skiing is my addiction.

I locked the other threads related. I thought one thread would work better and keep us all together. Thankx Bob
    Skiing is my addiction.

Do you suppose that standing in front of a ticket counter with a tie-dye, a worn-out look, an index finger lazily pointed to the air and a little sign that states "I need a miracle" would get you on the mountain for nothing?
    ------
    Chris K http://chickenjam.blogspot.com
    The Ski Cheap Or Die Calendar Project -If you have anything that you think should be on the calendar, pm me!

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.

I do MO. No miracle here unless I'm giving them.
    Waiting for MO to come in currently for Phili and Providence. and no I don't see it working at a ski area.
    Skiing is my addiction.

Grateful Dead on Playboy After Dark 1969

Really cool footage. Mountains of the moon and St. Stephen. (Chopped down for time) Get a load of them!!!!! Phil is the best. Where's Pigpen though? Looks like they had a fill-in.....no?

Enjoy!
    ~Rich~

Thread Information