The Grateful Thread - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 257 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    To me...the entire road to the phish "break-up" and now the possible reunion etc. just enforces how amazing the Dead were. I mean phish broke up after what, about a third (at most a half) of the years that the Dead were together. Longevity means a lot and says a lot of the band. Agreed, the last number of years were barely a shadow of their oldselves.

Also, I have to agree with Ckofer about Hot Buttered Rum String Band. They are really amazing....all should check them out.

Finally, I have now downloaded all of the PAF official released shows and they are just fabulous. After listening to them extensively, I have to agree with Bob that PAF is one of the best things going these days.

There are certainly a lot of really good bands out there...

Phish did break up but the Dead also kinda broke up for a while too...

the demands of running a band and the organisation that supports it are brutal...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

i'd go too

the last trey show i saw at jones beach was pretty bad, but i hope phish can come back solid if they do.

In better news, the New Orleans Heritage Jazz Festival will be going on this year as usual!!!! It will still be hosted at the Fairgrounds and should be a blast! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by ckofer
    Stone Church: holds 200 people, now smoke-free, great shows. Phish played there in the mid 80s. Also saw Melvin Seals with JGB there a few years ago.

http://www.thestonechurch.com/
    New England Skiing and Jam/Funk Music, two of my favorite things all in one spot!

I hope that you all come and check out The Stone Church if you get a chance. My name is Paul, and I'm one of the three guys who bought and saved the place a couple years ago. I also lurk about on these boards from time to time.

If your ever there, stop by and say hey. I'm the tall fella with a beard and ponytail. I'm usually working in the kitchen.

Upcoming Shows of interest:
    2/3 Percy Hill Trio
    2/10 The Mammals
    2/16 Ryan Montbleau Band (great funky soul out of Boston)
    2/24 Moon Boot Lover
    3/2 The Breakfast
    3/10 Jim Weider (the Band) with Tony Levin (Bass God)
    3/17 Tea Leaf Green (My new favorite band in the universe)
    4/13-14 Hot Buttered Rum String Band

Shoot an email or a PM if you ever have any questions about shows.

I got on the bus in 1985. I found the Hornsby years my favorite. I enjoyed the Brent years as well. I hear more about the Brent years know than I did then.
    I did not think the Dead sucked at any point. I thought they were pretty tight in the later years.

I could not go on tour 3 times a year anymore anyway. Work, family and age started to get in the way.
    1995 did look like we were in trouble. I still have all my tickets from the last Boston Garden run. Well the one that never happened. I had a front row ticket for the last night. I did not miss a show there in the 90's.

DMC if Phil is there, you got a roomate. Phil said he would play with Warren this year. Most thought it would be at the Beacon run. Summer tour would be good great.

Here we go on the that 3 tour again thing.
    Skiing is my addiction.

Wow, very cool. thankx for not lurking. We are a mixed group of mellow outdoor sports lovers. A few of us have a love for live music as well. I'll check the band options and stop by sometime.
    Skiing is my addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by taul
    I hope that you all come and check out The Stone Church if you get a chance. My name is Paul, and I'm one of the three guys who bought and saved the place a couple years ago. I also lurk about on these boards from time to time.

If your ever there, stop by and say hey. I'm the tall fella with a beard and ponytail. I'm usually working in the kitchen.

Upcoming Shows of interest:
    2/3 Percy Hill Trio
    2/10 The Mammals
    2/16 Ryan Montbleau Band (great funky soul out of Boston)
    2/24 Moon Boot Lover
    3/2 The Breakfast
    3/10 Jim Weider (the Band) with Tony Levin (Bass God)
    3/17 Tea Leaf Green (My new favorite band in the universe)
    4/13-14 Hot Buttered Rum String Band

Shoot an email or a PM if you ever have any questions about shows.
    Jim Weider Band is from my neck of the woods!!!
    What a great band - expecially with Levin - also from my area...

Good luck!! I'l try and stop in sometime!!

Interested in booking a funk band from the Catskill mountains?
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Hi Paul, I've been hearing a lot of Tea Leaf Green on Sirius radio lately and they're pretty awesome. How far is The Stone Church from Mt Snow, I'd love to come check out that show

I'm actually surprised that was my first post here, I figured I would have chimed in on something before now. We'll the ice is broken now, you're all going to have to put up with me now.

Mt Snow to Newmarket is about 2+ hours dependng on weather/traffic. Take 9 East to Keene, then 101 to Exeter. I grew up skiing over that way at Magic, Bromley, Stratton, and Snow so I've done that drive many, many times.

They said in the news today that Phil saw his shadow in Pennsylvania. I thought he was from California.
    ------
    Chris K http://chickenjam.blogspot.com
    The Ski Cheap Or Die Calendar Project -If you have anything that you think should be on the calendar, pm me!

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.

Thread Information