• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
When they announced that DVD via email, I took a look at a few others as I hadn't bought any in awhile. Almost all of them are no longer available new through the dead.net store or anywhere else for that matter. Very surprised to see this. I'm not sure if they're currently reformatting for Bluray are what.

Delivered today were like new copies of View From the Vault 3 and Closing of Winterland to add to my collection of Vault 1&2, Downhill from Here, Grateful Dead movie and JGB Live at Shoreline. I was tempted to buy all that have been made, but the wife would've frowned. Figure I'll pick up 1 or so a month until I have the whole collection. ;)

dmc

pre-ordered my copy of the official release of 7/7/89 from amazon...ended up being several dollars cheaper than from the official website...i am excited for this as a 16 y/o SMH was in attendance this day and it was literally and figuratively hot as hell...the video snippet of ramble on rose available on dead dot net only further-ed my anticipation

I was there as well...
Ordered it as well... Stands out as a great late 80's show and event. I used to love that stadium..

dmc

I'm a fan of west Texas cowboy music thanks to the GD... A Facebook post reminded me of the Race is On.

GD Version...

George Jones

And "El Paso"

GD Version

Marty Robbins

am I missing any?

dmc

Awesome!....Still have to figure out if I want to camp or get a room. Kinda up to my buddy at this point.

I havent had much luck finding something close... Have a friend who's camping nearby.. But I want to stay in town to check out the late night band scene...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nokia Furthur shows added 7/28-29

I have a friend who insists now that they will be at Vibes. I'm a believe it when I see it kind of guy, but this particularl friend is right 90% of the time. Last year he gave me the dates for Albany Phish during summer tour. I called BS, but booked a hotel anyway. He was right. Guess he has some promoter friends.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Doing full album sets for their festival too. Unique, kind of cool, but I like some element of surprise.

Saturday

Set1: American Beuaty
Set2: Workingman's Dead
Set3: Anthem of the Sun

Sunday

Set1: Blues for Allah
Set2: Aoxomoxoa
Set3: Terrapin Station

Vortex

I have been hearing the vibes rumours for a couple of weeks. They booked a show in ohio near the Greatful fest. I wonder is they skip the vibes and just do thier own shows. If they play at the vibes.I may buy my way back in and go to the vibes the day of the show. I doubt it thought. tough weekend for me. I hear more rumours that the Vermont show will be moved to a bigger venue. The shut out folks like me like it .Those who have ticklets for the small venue are not happy.

deadheadskier

Staff member
If they move to Champlain Valley Fairgrounds as rumored, I'd be pissed if I had a ticket as well. Fairgrounds is one of the all time worst venues I've ever been to. Burlington waterfront would be a fair trade, though I don't know the capacity. I saw Ween there last summer and it was great.

BeanoNYC

I havent had much luck finding something close... Have a friend who's camping nearby.. But I want to stay in town to check out the late night band scene...

I have my name on some waiting lists at some places in town. If something comes through you can shack up with us. (I get the outside of the spoon.)

I was there as well...
Ordered it as well... Stands out as a great late 80's show and event. I used to love that stadium..

^this arrived late last week and i finally got a chance to watch most of the DVD through drums on saturday while smh jr napped...

the verdict: they were feeling it at this show...best of a great tour, imho...first set is an all timer...blow away gave me the goosebumps...never seen anything like that before or after...like mydland channeling mckernan

at this show we were DFC about halfway between the stage and soundboard...we had a good view, but the stage started melting just about the time they jerry ripped into aiko, so it was great to be able to really see the show

minor complaint: the editing kind of sucks sometimes when garcia is ripping a solo and they cut away...as a guitar player i'd like to see the close up of his fret-work and picking

Vortex

Maybe not. They posted yesterday they may not have day tickets. I really don't want to pay $199 for 1 day. I would have to buy a weekend pass just to see Sunday. I am driving form Herkimer Sunday morning. If day tickets, then yes. 50/50 if I have to buy a weekend ticket. I will decide by the May 7th deadline.