• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
ckofer said:
Again, not off-topic. Hot Buttered Rum String Band at the Stone Church (Newmarket).

I went last night. Outstanding approach to acoustic music. Basic line-up 5 guys: bassist & acoustic guitarist stay with respective instruments while others vary between fiddle, madolin, flute, banjo, and accordian. Mostly bluegrassish but stray into other places-jazzy, spacy. I'm there again tonight. I'm pretty sure they're in Boston tomorrow night. Harper's Ferry. Last night's cover $10. Better than some $50 shows I've seen.

Loon Sunday. I think they're done Monday.

I do really like HBRSB. I have yet to see them live. I do, however, have many of their live shows. There is a good amount of them (DSBD's too) online at archive.org. :)

BeanoNYC

Anyone going to the Green Apple Music Festival? I'm going to see if I can catch Tea Leaf Green and Umphrey's McGee. My buddy has tix to the Rhythm Devil's for Wed, but I think I may pass to make some end of season turns....Besides I can't chance having to sit through Mickey rapping "Fire on the Mountain" again.

BeanoNYC

redalienx11 said:
I'd love to catch Tea Leaf Green and Perpetual Groove. The thing is I heard that Blues Traveler is coming up to Oneonta for a FREE concert that day. Tough decision..

Let me know. It would be great to meet another AZer. Especially at a concert. BobR and I met for a Phil show in NYC and had a blast.

Vortex

Ya bob is playing at the Vibes. I will never go there again. I waited in line 9 hours to get in the year Phil played. It is a great situation once in, but getting there is tough. The bikers were cool to some, some had issues. Riding the motor cylcles up and down the side road on the venue hill to keep them clear was just out of line. So help me out what are the shows and dates you guys are talking about? I have been known to catch a show.

Vortex

Phil and Friends summer dates get announced tomorrow. I have not saved enough money.

May have to MO for a couple of venues and work on a few more later. 5 season Passes 2 for me 1 each for the family members, Pats tickets and Phil and Friends. Not a good retirement plan.

Looks like NY and New England aroudn the 4th of July are the rumors I have heard. We shall see.

Vortex

Cool. Hartford is on the way home. The motel 6 is across the street from Hartford walk to the show. Better yet walk back. We'll talk when it gets closer.

BeanoNYC

Bob R said:
Cool. Hartford is on the way home. The motel 6 is across the street from Hartford walk to the show. Better yet walk back. We'll talk when it gets closer.

HMMMM interesting. I'm so used to staying up in Saratoga, I didn't even think of the Hartford show.

Vortex

I have friends that go for the weekend at Saratoga. We ususally stay at a place you can walk to the show from. Its a two night minimal though. Other times we hit the locust grove motel in Saratoga. Kind of like opposite ends of the spectrum. Both are cool though.
Hartford is a nice shed, great Lawn. Saratoga is my favorite place in the Northeast region.

roark

Bob, Beano. Talking about hitting SPAC as well with some coworkers. Be cool to see you there.

BeanoNYC

Bob R said:
I have friends that go for the weekend at Saratoga. We ususally stay at a place you can walk to the show from. Its a two night minimal though. Other times we hit the locust grove motel in Saratoga. Kind of like opposite ends of the spectrum. Both are cool though.
Hartford is a nice shed, great Lawn. Saratoga is my favorite place in the Northeast region.

I usually camp nearby. Not sure if I'm into it this year. It's a lot of fun though, once that sun goes down, the place goes nuts. You'll hear that signature "Hiss" all night....wawawawawawawawawawawa ;)

Roak, have you been to the SPAC? What a great venue! Hope to see you there.

Vortex

Get there very very very early traffic can be a nightmare. There are back ways in, but just get up and hang out. Very cool its a big park with tennis courts and areas to walk Lots of water
Lot rocks, but patrolled by police.alot. Venue inside huge open lawn on a nice grass. (Seating is nice, but will sell out). then a paved area that is like a vending area. Then lawn again where there is a beer area and bathrooms and way back is a bar on the left. Sometimes has weddings and other stuff. Back there you can see intersting water stuff.
Ow it always seems to rain when GD related bands play there.