The Grateful Thread - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 257 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob R
    BeanoNYC, I left you a voice mail on where and when to meet. Molly wee's 34th and 8th. Probably just hang there if its raining. Heard the food was okay also.
    Um 34th and 8th? .... If you can't find it there, try 30th and 8th...good pints of guiness.

~Rich~

BeanoNYC, I left you a voice mail on where and when to meet. Molly wee's 34th and 8th. Probably just hang there if its raining. Heard the food was okay also.
    Oh just checked my Voice Mail. You have it as 30th and 8th on the message.
    ~Rich~

I'll try 30th and 8th.
    I'm so good with numbers.
    I double checked.
    Should have just looked once and been wrong. I would have saved more time.
    Skiing is my addiction.

I met Bob at the bar a little bit after 4. We had a bite to eat and quite a few libations. Bob's DNC friend trickled in at numerous times before the show. What a great crowd to hang with!

I managed to trade my GA floor ticket in for a little extra money to one of NYC's finest scalpers for a GA Mezz ticket to hang with Bob et al. We had a great time and the a great show. I thought the bartender was flirting with me but looking back with a sober mind, I'm sure she was fishing for tips.

The show was great! Setlist copied from DNC board:

Set1:
    Midnight Hour> Sugaree> Oh My Sweet Carolina, Pride of Cucamonga, Tennesee Jed, Trains >Cumberland
    Set 2:
    Jam> Playin' In The Band > Unbroken Chain>All Along The Watchtower> Wheel>Turn Around> the Other One> space> feedback> space >Caution> Fire On The Mountain
    donor rap/intros
    E: Revolution

Bob does not stop dancing!!!!!! I took a bit of a break but tried to keep up with him as much as possible.

We had a great time! Bob is such a great guy. I'm so glad I met up with him.
    ~Rich~

I'm a day late here. I tried to log in, but I could not yesterday. BeanoNYc arrived early and we got alot of time to hang. BeanoNYc was very generous and we had a blast.
    I was very happy he made it upstairs. Don't ask him to show you his ugly shape collar bone.
    I enjoyed hanging with another Alpinezoner in a great setting. He treid to be a good host for his city. I was just into staying warm.

The sound quality was awesome on friday night. My DNc freinds numbered in the teens I believe. We had a great crowd. It is cold down here, can't imagine how cold its in the mountains.

Played until 1am

Sat night.
    I have not seen a Peggy O post Jerry. I got it last night. Highlights were that, and the help slip Franklins with a Good Lovin encore. Joan even played drums a bit in Birdsong. Played a little past 12.30.

Wearing my AZ shirt tonight.

I just watched Bode on TIVO.
    Hope he gets a good run in the next events.

Resting up for tonights show.
    Skiing is my addiction.

He treid to be a good host for his city. I was just into staying warm.
    Don't worry, Bob. I'll show you around the next time a show is in town during a warmer month. Bobby in March @ the Beacon maybe?

Incidentally .... I joined DNC this morning (Box-of-NYC) and already got in contact with "BearlyAnn" from there who I met at a Phish show a while back. I met her and her hubby through "Mirmel" who is a good buddy of mine.
    ~Rich~

I have met both of them. Nice folks. Small cool community. Trying to get my buddy Robbie over here. Rich.... The Beacon run is on Reggae weekend. SugarLoaf is where I'll be. Got to get ready to take the overnight train tonight/tomorrow am. Going 6 hours north to grab the plane in the other direction. I don't have the map gene. I probably won't log back in until I hit Phili. I still have an extra 7th row Friday ticket for that.

Rich sorry for your loss of a friend. I hope the service goes okay.
    Skiing is my addiction.

I have met both of them. Nice folks. Small cool community. Trying to get my buddy Robbie over here. Rich.... The Beacon run is on Reggae weekend. SugarLoaf is where I'll be. Got to get ready to take the overnight train tonight/tomorrow am. Going 6 hours north to grab the plane in the other direction. I don't have the map gene. I probably won't log back in until I hit Phili. I still have an extra 7th row Friday ticket for that.

Rich sorry for your loss of a friend. I hope the service goes okay.
    Thanks. Yeah it's my friends dad, I feel bad for him. I forgot about the Raggae Fest. I'll have to reconsider seeing Bobby. I would love to catch that show on Friday, but I'm hoping to make my triumphant comeback to skiing this week.

LOL, I forgot about the whole collarbone thing! Everyone! I was explaining my injury to Bob at the bar and said, "Hey are you Squimish?" Bob replies "yes" I showed him the injury anyway You should have seen the look on his face! Oh well ....Bob, it was great meeting you, finally. I'll see you on the slopes or at a show real soon. Tell Robbie to at least register here and lurk. I'm doing the same over at DNC. I'll just read for a while and send PM's to some friends before I dive right in.

Please send my regards to all that I met on Friday, Bob.
    ~Rich~

What the hell did I miss!

Damn...somebody PM me next time...

Damn

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by Brettski
    What the hell did I miss!

Damn...somebody PM me next time...

Damn
    I thought you were following along on the thread....Sorry. I'll definitely PM you next time we meet up in the area for a show.
    ~Rich~

Thread Information