Willoughby Nude Beach: Support or Not?

AlpineZone

Items for Sale

Question Willoughby Nude Beach: Support or Not?

For those that do not know, the South End of Lake Willoughby has a cove that has probably one of the nicest beaches on the lake and somehow it has historically been a "nude" beach. I'm not sure why or who owns it (I think it is the state). Ever sense I can remember it has been there. That said, every once in a while we have some "weird" issues happen at Willoughby. About 15 years ago there was the "leopard skin thong guy" who harrassed hikers. Now apparently there have been at least two recent instances with a flasher or someone harrassing women up there.

Now folks who frequent the beach say that it is merely guilt by association. They say that the patrons of the beach are older folks (generally hippies) who are harmless. But others want to use the area without having to worry about encountering those in the nude--especially when they are using a beautiful beach.

Here's a recent article: http://www.wcax.com/story/35235845/i...ake-willoughby

Thoughts?

Live, Ski, or Die!

I think it's a good thing that people with exhibitionist tendencies are allowed to flop around on the beach without clothing or ski in costumes for that matter. It helps me to identify people whom I'd rather avoid. However, if those people invade my personal space or otherwise try to exhibit themselves to me, I sure do hope some helpful flight attendant is around to start breaking skulls!

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    I think it's a good thing that people with exhibitionist tendencies are allowed to flop around on the beach without clothing or ski in costumes for that matter. It helps me to identify people whom I'd rather avoid. However, if those people invade my personal space or otherwise try to exhibit themselves to me, I sure do hope some helpful flight attendant is around to start breaking skulls!
    lol you are killing it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    HAHAHA I agree though. I don't think making the beach not a nude beach will prevent much harassment. Weirdos will still invade personal space regardless of a nude beach or not. Nude beach does not mean approaching hikers and women and children is okay. Rules of personal space still apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    HAHAHA I agree though. I don't think making the beach not a nude beach will prevent much harassment. Weirdos will still invade personal space regardless of a nude beach or not. Nude beach does not mean approaching hikers and women and children is okay. Rules of personal space still apply.
    I think they are hoping is the nudes bathers will go else wear, some place more remote and the creep will go with them.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    I think they are hoping is the nudes bathers will go else wear, some place more remote and the creep will go with them.
    I think that is the logic. I'm not sure if both are related.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information