• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

ScottySkis

Thank for the tips Scotty. Still no luck. I don't think people have got tickets in hand for either Mail order or via Ticket fly. Hopefully when they come in more tickets will surface. I got my April 20th tickets via ups Friday.

Sure sorry you had no luck, great date.:):):)

Vortex

Bought Furthur April 19th tickets. Paid close to face. $$$$ for even face value for these shows, but I am in for 2 out of the Portchester run and the Atlantic city show. Still have an extra for Atlantic city. Plans set. Kind of like the old days when the mail order use to come.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Rock and Roll!!

8617357633_2dbb912a0f_z.jpg

dmc

JAckie Greene!!! and the black crowes... haha..

Did Jackie switch on and off instruments?

marcski

JAckie Greene!!! and the black crowes... haha..

Did Jackie switch on and off instruments?

It was a great show. Those guys are really pure Rock and Roll. Adam Mcdougal is really funky and I personally love Jackie. He's almost becoming as ubiquitous as Warren Haynes (-150 lbs!). He played the mandolin on one song and a few different guitars. My buddy who I went with said the Black Crowes areblike the Allman Brothers with Mick Jagger on lead vocals. Capitol Theater is a great venue...and it happens to be just 20 mins door to door for me. Good selection of tasty beers inside and they did a great job revitalizing the place.

dmc

Love the Cap... Saw Trey&Phil there - lucky you live so close...
If Bearsville wasn't 20 minutes from me - I'd be jealous...

Vortex

Here's a pic of the inside of the theater: cool venue for sure.

8619736158_3a386af87f.jpg
Mark where were your seats? That looks like the preview I got when I looked up my Friday Furthur tickets. I am way right in the Section with like 4 seats in it, pretty far back G I think.
Are there bathrooms up in the Balcony?
Thanks

marcski

Mark where were your seats? That looks like the preview I got when I looked up my Friday Furthur tickets. I am way right in the Section with like 4 seats in it, pretty far back G I think.
Are there bathrooms up in the Balcony?
Thanks

Yes. We were pretty high up. Not far right..but right side of 2nd section in. There really isn't a bad seat in the house. And, yes the balcony section has its' own set of bathrooms and a bar. Good selection of beers inside. $8/ pint. But you really won't find pints of those beers anywhere else for much less than 6...so it is quite convenient.

Last edited:

Vortex

Yes. We were pretty high up. Not far right..but right side of 2nd section in. There really isn't a bad seat in the house. And, yes the balcony section has its' own set of bathrooms and a bar. Good selection of beers inside. $8/ pint. But you really won't find punts of those beers anywhere else for much less than 6...so it is quite convenient.

Marc
You want to play you must pay. I am fine with that. When I am at a show its all about comfort. I am in the balcony on Friday and Floor on Saturday. My good deal from Stub hub was not so good. I thought I was buying $135 dollar tickets. Lets just say I did not. I still paild $50 under anything else I saw posted, but still too much. I hate the process, but stub hub was easy, paypall, ups tickets to my house. Every step was followed by an e-mail. Sucks. but they are better than other places I have worked with when I was late into the ticket mix.

Thanks for all the info.

dmc

Phil and sons playing the Game Of Thrones theme....badass...

Vortex

Cap Center in Potr Chester is going to have a ticket drop today at noon. info will be on he cap center site. Every night will have tickets availible. I would guess not many. I am happy I am in for next Friday and Sat. Any one that need tickets, Go for it. I assume these are the ones the band did not use themselves.

marcski

Cap Center in Potr Chester is going to have a ticket drop today at noon. info will be on he cap center site. Every night will have tickets availible. I would guess not many. I am happy I am in for next Friday and Sat. Any one that need tickets, Go for it. I assume these are the ones the band did not use themselves.

Good man, Bob. I picked up 2 tix for the 23rd!!

crank

Saw Further at the Capitol in Port Chester last night 4/23. I thought the first set was OK. The break ridiculously long. The second set, though, was worth the wait. It was really, really good. Does anyone know where I can find the set list? There was an intricate instrumental jazz number that they went into second or third song. I had never heard it before and am wondering what it was. It definitely involved some odd time signatures and at least one modulation in key.

Also, the sound was excellent there. This was the loudest and clearest I have ever heard Bob Weir's playing in the mix. A bit too loud actually... I think his stage volume was super loud and we may have been hearing it directly from his amps. We sere standing about 4 rows from the stage between him and Jeff Chimenti.

Vortex

Pretty sure you are talking about king solomons Marbles. Would have love to see Row Jimmy and Peggy O . I have a plate that resenbles one of those songs. I got the Althea and Reubin and cerise show. All was good.
I think Marcski is in tonight.

Furthur
Capitol Theater
Port Chester, NY
4-23-13

Set One:

Any Road >
I Need A Miracle >
Peggy-O
Row Jimmy

Ship Of Fools
Queen Jane Approximately