• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
Booked a room. Now its about getting tickets and convincing my wife to let me go while she stays home with a newborn. I figure I got a 2% chance of being there, but 2 is better than 0. :lol:

Not psyched they chose Trey as the guitarist. Not that I don't love Trey, I just prefer many other guitarists interpretation of the music better.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I know that. I just think he brings too much of a Phish sound to the music. I'd prefer Sless, Kimock or Herring.

I'm sure it will still be good. When's mail order?

Vortex

Booked a room. Now its about getting tickets and convincing my wife to let me go while she stays home with a newborn. I figure I got a 2% chance of being there, but 2 is better than 0. :lol:

Not psyched they chose Trey as the guitarist. Not that I don't love Trey, I just prefer many other guitarists interpretation of the music better.

Impressed you got a room.

I thought they would play a few Shows in Ny too, but all the insurance issues seem to be true.
Sad.

When I was younger I did not have the money to hop on a plane and go. Today, just not as interested. When I flew out to see the Dead at that Stadium it was sweet. I had a hotel in walking distance and it had a pool. Nice to hit a stadium show without having to drive. I took a day harbor crusie as well. Fun place. Lots of little music clubs in walking distance too. I was hoping the Kimock rumor was true. I did not think it would happen really though.

Funky_Catskills

It depended on who you chose to get your info from.. :)

All the NY shows and stuff were just rumors. Some people just throw a ton of darts - some will hit..
I'm driving with friends to defray costs... And will wook stack my room...

We are already setting up another private boat cruise... We had one in Miami over NYE...

This is so exciting to me.. Like a post GD dream...
So many people I know are going from Phish tour.. Going to be EPIC!!!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yeah no concrete plans here, but figured I'd grab a room. Its doubtful I'm there, but so much can change in 6 months I figured I'd reserve a room anyway. $139 / night 4 miles from the stadium drive or a 5 min walk to public transportation

deadheadskier

Staff member
Gotcha. Given recent history that's an honest concern.

I thought they should've done a 3 show NY run and 3 shows in San Fran to appease both coasts. Oh well.

Funky_Catskills

Aftershow Boat cruise is going to happen...
Live band being selected... hahaha...
I love my friends... They just get sh*t done...

CHICAGO!!!!!

I refused to go to Chicago to see the GD for the last show... I was afraid of all the bad stuff going on...
Deaththreats - house lights on - gate crashing - N2O....

Funky_Catskills

Gotcha. Given recent history that's an honest concern.

I thought they should've done a 3 show NY run and 3 shows in San Fran to appease both coasts. Oh well.

Everyone I know from the East and Cali are going..
We all know Phish is slowing down this summer with a possible festival at Watkins in August...

July is wide open... :)

From what I hear - things are good. My close connections are to BillyK. He says stuff that pisses people off a lot... Like me.. hahaha

Vortex

I did not go the the last chicago shows. I caught a few before. Highgate, Giants Stadium, the Nick and Dc I believe.

Honestly, I would have to look it up. 92 or 93 maybe. Took the train to Washington and then shortly after flew to Chicago. I have a buddy pushing me to go. I think I would prefer to sit at the pool and relax. A festival, family reunion type of thing I would be into. To me the most interesting info is from what Bob is saying, bascially these three shows are it.