• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I am sure it will be a party but I just can't get into it enough to justify the expense. [I am amazed that I am actually in agreement with DHS on something!. ;)] Especially when I have such easy access to Phil at the Cap. I am seeing at least one of the 75th birthday shows in March...the one with Krasno on guitar. Maybe a 2nd.

I paid $20 for my first bunch of Dead shows. As Archie used to say....Those were the days.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Phil with Krasno would be awesome. Jealous. I really need to get to a Cap show. I heard Phil did not renew his contract with Shapiro. True/False?

BeanoNYC

Booked at Embassy Suites Downtown. Mail order all set to go. Driving and hoping to hit Hall or Fame in Cleveland on the way in and Cedar Point on the way back. Haven't checked the baseball schedule but and Indian's game would be nice too.

Vortex

Looked a little more closely. At the Raffaello, looks like I am fairly close to the train station. long walk, but could do it in a pinch. I think I made out ok. Flying into midway. 9 miles to my hotel. Hoping that mail order goes well. Beanonyc,funkycatskills, and others cool communicating. See you all there. Hope plans work out Deadheadskier.

BeanoNYC

Looked a little more closely. At the Raffaello, looks like I am fairly close to the train station. long walk, but could do it in a pinch. I think I made out ok. Flying into midway. 9 miles to my hotel. Hoping that mail order goes well. Beanonyc,funkycatskills, and others cool communicating. See you all there. Hope plans work out Deadheadskier.

Bob...Just checked the map. We are staying very close to each other. I'm a short walk south of you. Great talking with you and DMC (Is that Funkycatskills now?) Damn...I better get back on this forum. Falling apart without me. :)

Any idea of post shows or fun things to do? Maybe we can plan an AZ meetup. Been a while since I've partied with the likes of Bob and DMC. Looking forward to meeting others.

Vortex

Bob...Just checked the map. We are staying very close to each other. I'm a short walk south of you. Great talking with you and DMC (Is that Funkycatskills now?) Damn...I better get back on this forum. Falling apart without me. :)

Any idea of post shows or fun things to do? Maybe we can plan an AZ meetup. Been a while since I've partied with the likes of Bob and DMC. Looking forward to meeting others.

Working on tickets and the time off right now. Not sure of anything else yet. My buddies said the train runs till like to 2.30 in the am. checking that out now and working on my ride to and from the airport. Go express seems to be the way to do that. Still many details to work on. We have time.

BeanoNYC

Got the time off and the hotel. Mail order will be sent in a few hours. Keeping fingers crossed. I hate scrambling for tickets.

Funky_Catskills

There will be no AZ hookup... :)
But there will be meetups.

I'm so stoked to see you and Bob... F**k YEAH!!!
My buddy is throwing a boat cruise with a band after one of the shows... I'll hit you privately with deets... The Miami boat to international waters was pretty sick...

I'm driving to help some friends keep costs down... R&R HOF for sure...

But of course... No MO for me... booooo.... In Vegas for work.. Craziness..

BeanoNYC

There will be no AZ hookup... :)
But there will be meetups.

I'm so stoked to see you and Bob... F**k YEAH!!!
My buddy is throwing a boat cruise with a band after one of the shows... I'll hit you privately with deets... The Miami boat to international waters was pretty sick...

I'm driving to help some friends keep costs down... R&R HOF for sure...

But of course... No MO for me... booooo.... In Vegas for work.. Craziness..

You got my number! The last time me, you and Bob were together was at Gathering 2008. 4 months before my oldest was born. I bought a "Grateful 'Dad' " t-shirt there. Wore it in the delivery room. Good times :thumbup:

Funky_Catskills

You got my number! The last time me, you and Bob were together was at Gathering 2008. 4 months before my oldest was born. I bought a "Grateful 'Dad' " t-shirt there. Wore it in the delivery room. Good times :thumbup:

i hope you don't run into any of your students in Chicago.... :) hahahaha

BeanoNYC

Welp...lots of buzz on other forums about rejection letters. My friends are all freaking out and I'm the optimist. They do a Battan death march to the mailbox every day. Going to keep my chin up on this one.