• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

Funky_Catskills

WWF-VT

Phil won't go for this.. It's not the Grateful Dead.. Bloggers are really out of control... Throw enough darts.....

From what I've seen - there's a picture of Bobby - Mike Gordon and Mayer from a month ago.
Tours will happen but calling it the Grateful Dead is just wrong..

The Grateful Dead ended on August 9, 1995.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
17855075921_78d6f88c66.jpg

My buddy was there. Here is what he had to say:

"Jerry show was not a work thing but got tix via GD productions . Great seats. Sitting next to Grahame Lesh and his very hot girl friend for a potion of the show. Some big musical moments and some not but over all a freaking blast. Still recovering."

Last edited:

Vortex

17855075921_78d6f88c66.jpg

My buddy was there. Here is what he had to say:

"Jerry show was not a work thing but got tix via GD productions . Great seats. Sitting next to Grahame Lesh and his very hot girl friend for a potion of the show. Some big musical moments and some not but over all a freaking blast. Still recovering."

My buddy told me Jiff Cliff and Bobby played well together. He thought the short Phil set was the best.
If It was a Friday sat or Sunday I would have gone. Two days off for 1 show does not work for me. My Guess the Thursday date choice early in the concert season was done to manage the crowds.

Funky_Catskills

I heard Phil didn't play much... And looked cranky... Didn't come out for last song..
But it is possible.... that they are contractually not allowed to all appear together before the FTW shows...

And Bobby KILLED the vibe with Days Between...

And RRE ddidn't play..

deadheadskier

Staff member
Introduced my 2 month and 2 day old son to the scene today. Made it to Strangecreek for the afternoon. Caught a cool Max Creek afternoon set at one of the smaller stages off in the woods called Vernville. They played a two hour set with all tunes being from 1971 when they formed the band.

It was really hard to drive away today. I've been going to Strangecreek almost every year since 2005. Same thing with Wormtown in the fall. (same venue and promoter) The festivals at Camp Kewanee are my favorite festivals I've ever been to. I'll take them over GOTV, moe.down and numerous other fests I've been to any day. Not quite ready to have my son camp out yet. Next year for sure though. Happy to be able to make it there for at least an afternoon to see my festival family.

Funky_Catskills

Watched the Bobby thing on Netflix..... wow... Back to liking the "kid" again...

I just came out of the crazy - gun shooting - getting into trouble - tripping every night - BillyK book and dropped into this deep shit.... holy crap... the Jerry death part - i just had to pause and go outside.... Any number of scenes had my either joyful or wanting to sob.
And I MAY be warming up to Bobby sing Days Between... Verdicts still out...

Vortex

Hopefully tickets should be arriving at some point. I think the process for both sets of shows was to start at the beginning of June.

Friday @ noon, more seats are being released for Chicago via ticketmaster. 2 seat limit. Limited sections.

crank

I watched The Other One last week. I liked it but I thought they should have spent some time on the Weir /Barlow songwriting partnership and less on JG and Cassidy. Though I realize they both had a profound impact on BW's life I wanted more on BW's life and music.

Went to a fun festival in NJ Sunday - The Crawfish Fest... sort of a very, very laid back Jazzfest light as the focus was on New Orleans type acts. We did a lot of dancing in the Zydeco tent.

Vortex

Nice to see Chris Friday. Tried to talk, but you were getting your picture taken a few times. Nice to See DHS as well Sat.

I could not hear it but I sounded like one of the band members was leaving after the show Sat night. Nice comfortable weekend.
Some Raved about he Friday how. I was not as excited until the second set.

I like the Sat show better. April of 78