• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

BeanoNYC

Bob R said:
BeanoNYC, I left you a voice mail on where and when to meet. Molly wee's 34th and 8th. Probably just hang there if its raining. Heard the food was okay also.

Um 34th and 8th? .... If you can't find it there, try 30th and 8th...good pints of guiness.

BeanoNYC

Bob R said:
BeanoNYC, I left you a voice mail on where and when to meet. Molly wee's 34th and 8th. Probably just hang there if its raining. Heard the food was okay also.

Oh just checked my Voice Mail. You have it as 30th and 8th on the message.

Vortex

I'll try 30th and 8th. :idea:
I'm so good with numbers. :dunce:
I double checked. :D
Should have just looked once and been wrong. I would have saved more time. :wink:

BeanoNYC

I met Bob at the bar a little bit after 4. We had a bite to eat and quite a few libations. Bob's DNC friend trickled in at numerous times before the show. What a great crowd to hang with!

I managed to trade my GA floor ticket in for a little extra money to one of NYC's finest scalpers for a GA Mezz ticket to hang with Bob et al. We had a great time and the a great show. I thought the bartender was flirting with me but looking back with a sober mind, I'm sure she was fishing for tips.

The show was great! Setlist copied from DNC board:

Set1:
Midnight Hour> Sugaree> Oh My Sweet Carolina, Pride of Cucamonga, Tennesee Jed, Trains >Cumberland
Set 2:
Jam> Playin' In The Band > Unbroken Chain>All Along The Watchtower> Wheel>Turn Around> the Other One> space> feedback> space >Caution> Fire On The Mountain
donor rap/intros
E: Revolution

Bob does not stop dancing!!!!!! I took a bit of a break but tried to keep up with him as much as possible.

We had a great time! Bob is such a great guy. I'm so glad I met up with him.

Vortex

I'm a day late here. I tried to log in, but I could not yesterday. BeanoNYc arrived early and we got alot of time to hang. BeanoNYc was very generous and we had a blast.
I was very happy he made it upstairs. Don't ask him to show you his ugly shape collar bone. :idea:
I enjoyed hanging with another Alpinezoner in a great setting. He treid to be a good host for his city. I was just into staying warm.

The sound quality was awesome on friday night. My DNc freinds numbered in the teens I believe. We had a great crowd. It is cold down here, can't imagine how cold its in the mountains.

Played until 1am

Sat night.
I have not seen a Peggy O post Jerry. I got it last night. Highlights were that, and the help slip Franklins with a Good Lovin encore. Joan even played drums a bit in Birdsong. Played a little past 12.30.

Wearing my AZ shirt tonight.

I just watched Bode on TIVO. :angry:
Hope he gets a good run in the next events.

Resting up for tonights show.

BeanoNYC

Bob R said:
He treid to be a good host for his city. I was just into staying warm.

Don't worry, Bob. I'll show you around the next time a show is in town during a warmer month. Bobby in March @ the Beacon maybe?

Incidentally .... I joined DNC this morning (Box-of-NYC) and already got in contact with "BearlyAnn" from there who I met at a Phish show a while back. I met her and her hubby through "Mirmel" who is a good buddy of mine.

Vortex

I have met both of them. Nice folks. Small cool community. Trying to get my buddy Robbie over here. Rich.... The Beacon run is on Reggae weekend. SugarLoaf is where I'll be. Got to get ready to take the overnight train tonight/tomorrow am. Going 6 hours north to grab the plane in the other direction. I don't have the map gene. I probably won't log back in until I hit Phili. I still have an extra 7th row Friday ticket for that.

Rich sorry for your loss of a friend. I hope the service goes okay.

BeanoNYC

Bob R said:
I have met both of them. Nice folks. Small cool community. Trying to get my buddy Robbie over here. Rich.... The Beacon run is on Reggae weekend. SugarLoaf is where I'll be. Got to get ready to take the overnight train tonight/tomorrow am. Going 6 hours north to grab the plane in the other direction. I don't have the map gene. I probably won't log back in until I hit Phili. I still have an extra 7th row Friday ticket for that.

Rich sorry for your loss of a friend. I hope the service goes okay.

Thanks. Yeah it's my friends dad, I feel bad for him. I forgot about the Raggae Fest. I'll have to reconsider seeing Bobby. I would love to catch that show on Friday, but I'm hoping to make my triumphant comeback to skiing this week.

LOL, I forgot about the whole collarbone thing! Everyone! I was explaining my injury to Bob at the bar and said, "Hey are you Squimish?" Bob replies "yes" I showed him the injury anyway :lol: You should have seen the look on his face! Oh well ....Bob, it was great meeting you, finally. I'll see you on the slopes or at a show real soon. Tell Robbie to at least register here and lurk. I'm doing the same over at DNC. I'll just read for a while and send PM's to some friends before I dive right in.

Please send my regards to all that I met on Friday, Bob.

BeanoNYC

Brettski said:
What the hell did I miss!

Damn...somebody PM me next time...

Damn

I thought you were following along on the thread....Sorry. I'll definitely PM you next time we meet up in the area for a show.

Vortex

Next time Brettski. I'm in Phili know. Just waiting for tomorrow. BeanoNYC I working on Robbie.
Make turns all. The set list were good from Providence. I should have been there. I gave 1 ticket away and traded the other for pratically nothing. Plans are set for Phili time to rest.

dmc

Bob R said:
Hitting Rat Dog at Hampton Beach March 31. Friday night show. Anyone else going.

Not a dawg fan.. But I'm trying to win tickets on WDST for a more local show..

Had to blow off seeing the Allman Bros tonight :( I'll have to wait until June to hear Warren play...

Vortex

1 Rat Dog show only here. I had tickets for Boston also, but bailed cause my son made the MTN Dew Vertical challenge for Sat. I wanted to hang around and support him. Sad no mention of Phil and Friends at MTN JAM.

dmc

Bob R said:
Sad no mention of Phil and Friends at MTN JAM.

No doubt... Maybe he's keeping summer clear for another "dead" reunion... :roll:
there was a rumour going around that Trey, Mike Gordon and Bill Kreutzman were going to play.. Band name escapes me right now...

The line up is great though! And they are going to add a couple more acts...

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I just finished Phil's book, searching for the sound. Pretty good read. Anyone else read it? Some pretty interesting things about the early years, their touring/technical/sound issues over the years, among others.

I'm seeing one Dawg show at the Beacon in april.

Vortex

I chose Reggae over the Beacon. Enjoy the Beacon. One of the best set ups all around for an indoor show and vibe. I have to read the book. Slacking.