• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

Funky_Catskills

JRAD!!!!! Crushed a charity gig last Wednesday .. Followed it up with a kick ass full Terrapin in the poring rain at Mountain Jam... :)

I freaking love this band so much...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Good to see you Bob. I think (not sure) that it was a road crew member that was moving on. It looked to me that Eaton was looking and pointing to someone beyond Mattson.

Smoking show. Glad I was able to make it out.

Vortex

Good to see you Bob. I think (not sure) that it was a road crew member that was moving on. It looked to me that Eaton was looking and pointing to someone beyond Mattson.

Smoking show. Glad I was able to make it out.

That makes sense we were having beers with A Driver Friday who said he was not driving tonight, because of back to back shows in the same place. He said he was brand new with the group. TJ was s name.

Vortex

Sounds like some nice floor seat are still available for Santa Clara. Kind of weird Tm is sending out the Music today tickets for them. mine shipped Tuesday. Was told possibly today they will arrive, Tomorrow at the latest. Stories I have heard is Chicago tickets get printed Monday, Mailed Tuesday.

Funky_Catskills

crazy about SC tickets... - people - you wanted the extra show... Now get the tickets!!!!!!! hahahah...

I hope they don't shoot their load there...
I worry.. Hear rumors and stuff about them really not getting along.. And yet see the pix of them rehearsing.

Come on guys - the finish line is JUST ahead.. :)

deadheadskier

Staff member
Kind of shows the leadership Jerry provided. I mean, he had a thousand musically interests, wanted to play with EVERYBODY, was more diverse and evolved more than any musician I've ever known. Yet, for thirty years the band kept chugging along with really only 1 major break in 75 and even then they played a handful of shows. Tough hearing about the struggles the core four have had over the years.

But hell, the Beatles only made it 10 years. Zeppelin never gave it another shot. Phish took five years of hiatus. Tough to maintain that group dynamic

Vortex

Got my Santa Clara tickets yesterday. Still waiting on Chicago. Was told the tickets from ticket Master were printed yesterday. Tickets will get mailed today. Every ticket master agent has a different story.

Funky_Catskills

So they released all the crap tickets for Santa Clara and THEN released the floor tickets...
well done...

I guarantee you tickets will be on the ground..

Funky_Catskills

It's here!!!!!!!!

I'm playing drums in a local GD tribute... Watching show after.
Tomorrow I'm seeing Mike Gordon at the Capital - watching at Garcias... :)

At some point I'm driving out to Chi next week... :)

Funky_Catskills

Vortex

Not going to post a set list. Some may not like the spoiler part.
I only went to the Sat Show. Trey was sitting back when he was not leading the Jam. When it was his turn he ripped it.
Bruce bringing back the Piano sound was great. His Vocal lead, and support were a great addition. Phil was spot on. His vocals were weak early, but not bad. Bobby was as good as I remember him in a long time. Drums were good. Space was short, but okay. The reviews say Sat was better show. Leaving for Chicago Thursday afternoon.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I thought Saturday was fantastic. Didn't buy last night's show due to it being a work night on the EC.

Agreed on all opinions Bob; especially Weir. He had plenty of energy and punch throughout the show. Not something you'd expect from him with a late 60s set list.

The only complaint I have was the ending to truckin was a bit of a train wreck. Chalk it up to nerves. They definitely appear very well rehearsed. You all should have some really special moments in Chicago. Enjoy

Funky_Catskills

Watched both nights.. Good fun.. Pretty much what i expected..

They are a bit discombobulated rhythmically.. most of the blame goes to Bobby... He's missing notes - coming in wrong.. stuff like that..
Last night Trey was RIPPING the solo on Hell in a Bucket.. RIPPING!!! Crowd going NUTS!!!
And Bobby tried to pull the ripcord a couple times.. And them misses when he's supposed to come in...

He's been shutting down Trey in the middle of solos the last 2 nights... This was the worst.. Hoping they can get their shit together before Chicago..

deadheadskier

Staff member
"Here's to fifty years of the Grateful Dead, an iconic American Band that embodies the creativity, passion and ability to bring people together that makes American music so great. Enjoy this weekend's celebration of your fans and legacy. And as Jerry would say, 'Let there be songs to fill the air,"

President Obama