• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

Just listened to July 5th FTW show official release..

I haven't really listened - just watched..

Some really nice stuff..

totally subjective, and i'd feel different if i'd been there i'm sure, but i thought FTW was an overmarketed disjointed snoozefest...the first night was interesting from a curiosity standpoint, but i found the entire run to be less than inspired, playing and energy wise

dead and co just about every song has a cringe worthy moment where it falls apart and it's totally worth it imo to get the energy out of the songs

black throated wind last night in st loo

Funky_Catskills

Playing a charity gig this Friday with a couple kids in town at the local bar..
Both never saw Jerry - but they are so into it.. They set up the gig are into learning new stuff.

I love their energy and love for the music..

Kind of wild that this 50 year old is jamming with these 20 year olds..
Baton is passing..

deadheadskier

Staff member
I would REALLY like to. It's a matter of childcare. We've got Percy Hill the following weekend. If MIL or SIL are available to take care of our son one of those nights, we'll make it down.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Packed. I was surprised they sold out a venue that large. Hometown show, but that's still a big venue for them to fill.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'll likely make it over for at least one.

Sometimes wish they did a mid-summer weekend stop instead of the typical end to spring tour. I suppose that's festival season for them though and the scheduling would not allow it. Several years ago we rented a place for a mid-summer moe. weekend. Hampton is a different experience when it's actually warm enough to get in the water. That's my only complaint regarding the annual DSO shows.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I skipped out on Dead & Co shows and what I've heard has been good. I'd likely do Manchester. I have reservations for Strangefolk Garden of Eden in August, which will take most of the music budget