• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

Vortex

Crank

Thank for the Review.
Traveled enough this year. Skipping both Oct. 31st Venues. I would choose Phil and Friends over this line up. If Kimock was in the mix I would have more interest. Can't go tonight, family stuff. I will catch a show if they come closer.

crank

My girlfriend lives 2 miles from the Cap. We are not all that thrilled with Phil and Friends but will likely swing by there and maybe pick up some tix if anyone is selling at a discount. Have caught a few shows there this way. Though there is not much likelihood of nabbing tix for Phil as the town generally phills up with deadheads.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
My girlfriend lives 2 miles from the Cap. We are not all that thrilled with Phil and Friends but will likely swing by there and maybe pick up some tix if anyone is selling at a discount. Have caught a few shows there this way. Though there is not much likelihood of nabbing tix for Phil as the town generally phills up with deadheads.

Unless its a holiday (ie. halloween or NYE) or a weekend, Phil usually doesn't sell out the Cap.

Funky_Catskills

Great.... Recycle more music...
Mayer is a cool choice... He brings blues back in force - a KILLER guitar player.
I had heard from a friend about this a while ago when Mike Gordon was still part of it... But he bailed.

I hope this new thing isn't just Grateful Dead music... Next stop..... Vegas residency...

I may stay home Halloween. Or play music...

BeanoNYC

Wow...I just realized that this thread is 9.5 years old! So what's the roll call for magna? Just me and Funky? I should be there around 2 on Thursday.

Funky_Catskills

Ton of seats available for Fratdog in Smallbany on the 29th...

Looking at 2 rows behind the stage for $90... Thinking I have to wash my hair that night..

Thinking of Phil right now anyway..

Ton of seats available for Fratdog in Smallbany on the 29th...

Looking at 2 rows behind the stage for $90... Thinking I have to wash my hair that night..

Thinking of Phil right now anyway..

near unanimous concurrence that this unit is bringing it, even among the doubters...i peeped the playn->cold rain on the youtoobs and enjoyed myself

Funky_Catskills

near unanimous concurrence that this unit is bringing it, even among the doubters...i peeped the playn->cold rain on the youtoobs and enjoyed myself

Not a consensus amongst my group of Deadhead friends.. We are still ambivalent to it..

no doubt they are great players - so was Ratdog... And Bobby and the Midnights.. And Furthur..
it's just missing something to me.. Like all of the above bands..

I'm super glad everyone is having fun... And glad a new audience is embracing the Dead..
I'll go see Phil.. More my speed..

Can't WAIT to see all the Dead and Company teeshirts this summer.. hahaha....