• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hiking during hunting season

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I was at YMCA Camp Harrington, Boylston Mass. last weekend. There is nothing more startling than being outdoors adjacent to a rifle range. boom-boom-boom-boom-boom. I found that much more disconcerting than being in the forests and hearing booms far in the distance.

bigbog

Have the same urge to get in a couple more hikes up here as well Skier75. Got out a couple days ago up around small, unknown-to-hiking mountain with many small spring-fed brooks leading into a bog & outlet-stream. Noticed a hunter's car..a long way from where I wanted to go...but that plus the inch+ of snow up here that a few days ago hadn't melted and had the terrain pretty muddy....told me to back off for a while. With the last couple harsh winters for both deer and moose up here..the last thing needed is a hunting season(hunting rant off...for now). Coyotes are another thing altogether. They're the ones having the feast of deer.

Last edited: