• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite 'adult' beverage?

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I've recently rediscovered Sam Adams Boston Ale.

Just a fantastically balanced stock ale. They've recently started selling it again on it's own, without the rest of the sampler pack, and I've been a happy off season skier as a result.

Charlie Schuessler

Heiniken, Fosters and/or Long Trail beverages wet my whistle...I know of a pair of fellows who visit Sugarloaf and enjoy an Irish Car Bomb or two after a day of making turns...

Grassi21

Dude, you still got a liver?

That made me laugh. I'm not bragging about my progression with alcohol, but here is how life progressed for me... We started drinking, and I mean drinking not stealing a beer now and again, in 9th grade. We were the freshmen that always showed up with a full cooler. We were funneling about a 12 pack each by 10th grade, and regularly buying kegs in 11th grade. When I got to college my beer consumption dropped almost completely. During my college years it was mostly Capt. and Jack. For about 2 years after college I still went at it hard. Once I moved in with my fiance, now wife, my alcohol consumption pretty much dried up. Not because she told me so, it was a personal choice. Of course I tip a few back at the Cape, vacations, holidays, and special events. But these days I can go a week or a few without having a cocktail. I never got to meet one of my grandparents due to alcoholism so I have always been conscious of what booze can do to you and the people around you.

Some people drink, some people smoke, some people "smoke", and some people do all three. Booze and cigs are not a problem for me these days. :cool:

kickstand

Sam Summer has flowed in mass quantities for me this summer. Usually I can only drink it once in a while, but something about it this year is good. I wonder if they changed the recipe around a bit or something. Tuckerman Pale Ale and Long Trail Pale Ale have also been in heavy rotation. I need to decide what I want for camping over Labor Day Weekend. This is a big decision and the choices are endless!

2knees

Sam Adams is my staple. I alternate between the lager and the ale. I also like long trail double bag and hit the trail ale. Sierra Nevada, Harpoon and when i want some swill, Miller High Life baby. dont drink much else anymore. Got a bottle of Grey Goose for xmas and polished that off in like 2 nights. I drink mixed drinks like beer, not good. I too was an animal in my younger days. Skiing and boozing got me knocked out of Green Mtn College and Castleton State college. Fun but stupid.

Greg

Staff member
and when i want some swill, Miller High Life baby.

Miller High Life? :puke: That stuff is friggin' vile. :blink: Miller Lite is my shwag beer of choice.

Grassi21

I sampled a new beverage when visiting friends in Fishersville, VA. Its called a red-neck daiquiri. Combine beer, pink lemonade, and vodka. It actually tastes really good.

PS - Schwag beer is a key ingredient in this one.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I sampled a new beverage when visiting friends in Fishersville, VA. Its called a red-neck daiquiri. Combine beer, pink lemonade, and vodka. It actually tastes really good.

PS - Schwag beer is a key ingredient in this one.

May taste good going down, but what about coming back up?:p

ctenidae

Miller High Life? :puke: That stuff is friggin' vile. :blink: Miller Lite is my shwag beer of choice.

I refuse to drink shwag beer. Life's too short to drink cheap beer.

Sam did a good job wihtthe Summer Ale this year. They change the recipes for all their seasonals (as do many places). Their Octoberfest was outstanding last year, I can't wait to see how it is this year. I'm really looking forward to Paulaner's Oktoberfest offering, though. Always high quality, always tasty. Spatten does a pretty darn good job of it, too.

ChileMass

Has anyone else gone down this path? Rum, whiskey, and scotch. There was a time when a drank a ton of Capt. Morgan (these days, Gosling), then Jack, and currently I'm experimenting with Mr. John Walker. Tequila, anything above average. I just received a bottle of Gran Centenario Anejo as a b-day gift. Add rocks and a twist of lime, perfect. Lots of cheap beer in HS, not so much in college. But up in Ithaca I had my fair share of Yuengling (spelling?) and Saranac Black Forest. At college it was almost exclusively Jack. These days I'm enjoying the scotch and got back into beers. I'll try any IPA. Harpoon and Sierra Nevada are nice. And its hard to beat a well poured Guinness at a place that takes good care of their taps etc.

As someone said earlier, now I feel like an alcoholic.... :beer:

Grassi - Pampero Anniversario rum from Venezuela - the bottle comes in a leather pouch and costs about $25-30 for a 750ml, and you'll probably only find it in one of those really big wine/booze stores. Some of the best booze this former bartender has ever tried, anywhere. You'll never go back to the Captain or Gosling's.....

Grassi21

Grassi - Pampero Anniversario rum from Venezuela - the bottle comes in a leather pouch and costs about $25-30 for a 750ml, and you'll probably only find it in one of those really big wine/booze stores. Some of the best booze this former bartender has ever tried, anywhere. You'll never go back to the Captain or Gosling's.....

Thanks for the tip. 25-30 sounds reasonable for a nice bottle of rum. And it comes in a leather pouch! My Dad is a big rum fan too.

ChileMass

Thanks for the tip. 25-30 sounds reasonable for a nice bottle of rum. And it comes in a leather pouch! My Dad is a big rum fan too.

I've seen it for as much as $35-38, especially online, but you can even get it at the NH liquor stores on I-93 now. I just bought one last week and it was only $21, which is a steal.....

Grassi21

I've seen it for as much as $35-38, especially online, but you can even get it at the NH liquor stores on I-93 now. I just bought one last week and it was only $21, which is a steal.....

Now I have two reasons to visit NH.

skibum9995

It's Long Trail for me. I enjoy Jamesons Irish Whiskey when I'm in the mood for some hard stuff. For cheap beer its HIgh Life all the way. Nothing like the champagne of beers.

ctenidae

What was Schafer's old slogan- "Schafer- When you're going to have more than just one beer"?

I aloways thought that one was classy.

ChileMass

What was Schafer's old slogan- "Schafer- When you're going to have more than just one beer"?

I aloways thought that one was classy.

Schaefer is the one beer to have when you're having more than one......

They were a sponsor for the Red Sox games for years when I was a kid.....

ChileMass

And then there's Yankee beer:

My beer is Rheingold the dry beer
Think of Rheingold whenever you buy beer
It's refreshing, not sweet
It's the extra-dry treat
Won't you try extra-dry Rheingold beer?

A great jingle for a hateful team.......;)

BTW - Rheingold makes Schaefer taste like Dom Perignon.....

Mike P.

Beers: Saranac Black & Tan, an IPA either from Long Trail, Saranac, Red Hook, Sam or Harpoon, almost anything from Magic Hat

There for my favorite place when in Portland ME is $3 Dewey's which usually has 25-30 local/regional on tap.

Wine is a food thing but I prefer Cabernet S & big Zin's over Merlot

I've forgotten too many nights between 16 - 25 thanks to just about every hard liquor so I skip those with the exception very occasionally of a frozen drink