• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite 'adult' beverage?

Mike P.

Rheingold & Meisterbrau

The only thing either of them is good for is shaking up to play Bob & Doug's Beerhunter, both are better worn than consumed.

bigbog

...it's the Power Juicer....as much as possible :wink: ....but the motivation to wash all the components afterwards...isn't always there...

wine:
Pinot Grigio
Valpolicella

beer:
Bar Harbor Ale
Beck's Dark

mixed: (used to bartend 30+ yrs back on Wolf Rd, Colonie...so "mixed" is a rarity these days ;-)
but Kahlua and Vodka go with lots of stuff...

ctenidae

mixed: (used to bartend 30+ yrs back on Wolf Rd, Colonie...so "mixed" is a rarity these days ;-)
but Kahlua and Vodka go with lots of stuff...

Heh. I like to mix my bourbon with a little ice on occasion, but that's about as far as I regularly go with mixed drinks.

ctenidae

Man, I've got to say, there is very little as tasty as a good casked cider pulled witha beer engine. 15-20 of those, and you're good to go.

To the hospital, but still, it's tasty.

tirolerpeter

Favorite Adult Beverage?

For "sipping" its Johnny Black (Gold, or Blue when I can indulge myself). For "swilling" it is beer. Anything but "Light" or "Lite" will do.

Grassi21

Otter Creek stovepipe porter. Cant wait to move to vt so I don't have to go hunting for it

After a hard day of moving last weekend, I grabbed a sixer of Otter Creek Copper Ale. I really enjoyed it. I was going to try the the porter but it was to darn hot that day. The good thing is that the place that I found it is 5 minutes from my place and always has Otter Creek in stock.

Greg

Staff member
Been enjoying the Long Trail IPA lately. Nice brew!

Grassi21

Been enjoying the Long Trail IPA lately. Nice brew!

I've always like Long Trail. I need to try that IPA. IPA has been my beer this summer. Can't wait start sipping some porters as fall/winter approaches.

kickstand

I picked me up some of the Wachusett IPA someone discussed either in this thread or the random beers thread. Good stuff. Can't go wrong with the Otter Creek Copper or Long Trail, either. Good call, guys. It's nice to see more and more Octoberfest beers hitting the shelves, too. Those go down really easy at the Pats games, especially in the cool, crisp fall air. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................. :)

SKIQUATTRO

SUMMER Beer: Corona, Blue Point Summer, Sammy Summer
SUMMER WINE: Pinot Grigo mostly, some chard. A red every now and then
SUMMER HARD: Grey Goose and Tonics

FALL/WINTER BEER: Stella, Harp, Sammy Ocktoberfest, Long Trail (Variety)
FALL/WINTER WINE: Cabernet, Merlot, Shiraz
FALL/WINTER HARD: None

the wine fridge is always stocked with 100 bottles of all varieties throghout the year. Beers roatate.

thaller1

gin all year
fall beer - Gritty's Halloween
Spaten Oktoberfest

Winter - Sebago Slick Nick
Gritty's Christmas

Summer - Atlantic Blueberry
Sebago Hefeweisen

Spring - Gritty's Scottish

other than that it's red wine.. shiraz & merlot..ocassional d'alba

Greg

Staff member
gin all year

Ooof. Too much gin changes your chromosomes. I do love Tangueray and Tonics though. Got a few bottles sitting in the cabinet. Maybe I'll pick up some tonic and limes tomorrow! :idea:

thaller1

Ooof. Too much gin changes your chromosomes. I do love Tangueray and Tonics though. Got a few bottles sitting in the cabinet. Maybe I'll pick up some tonic and limes tomorrow! :idea:

Gin and tonics are good!!

Hendriks Gin straight up, ice cold with a splash of vermouth and two olives...that's my fav...unfortunately, I have to limit myself to one or my liver tries to escape.. ha ha ha

ChileMass

Gin and tonics are good!!

Hendriks Gin straight up, ice cold with a splash of vermouth and two olives...that's my fav...unfortunately, I have to limit myself to one or my liver tries to escape.. ha ha ha

Thaller1 - you are welcome to ski with me any time. I like your style.......:)