• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite 'adult' beverage?

Greg

Staff member
Been enjoying Tangueray and Ruby Red grapefruit juice lately. Ha! Gin 'n Juice. Am I totally ghetto or what? ;)

ctenidae

Been enjoying Tangueray and Ruby Red grapefruit juice lately. Ha! Gin 'n Juice. Am I totally ghetto or what? ;)

You could probably switch to Beefeater and not notice the difference. No sense covering a perfectly good gin up with grapefruit juice.

Greg

Staff member
You could probably switch to Beefeater and not notice the difference. No sense covering a perfectly good gin up with grapefruit juice.

Interesting. So....how do you like your Tangueray? Straight? Rocks? Or with tonic? If the latter, you're still covering it up, no?

ctenidae

Interesting. So....how do you like your Tangueray? Straight? Rocks? Or with tonic? If the latter, you're still covering it up, no?

No, no, Tonic isn't covering up, it's enhancing.
And, I am a fan of a nice martini, where the gin is introduced, in passing, to the vermouth.
I wasn't trying to be snippy on teh juice thing, just saying...

Greg

Staff member
No, no, Tonic isn't covering up, it's enhancing.
And, I am a fan of a nice martini, where the gin is introduced, in passing, to the vermouth.
I wasn't trying to be snippy on teh juice thing, just saying...

No, I hear ya. I love T 'n T. It just tastes too summery for me. That and it reminds me of a few weddings where I was struggling the next day. Trying something different. Not a big martini fan. I can see that a good gin is not necessary for gin 'n juice.

ctenidae

Snakebites are tasty, but leave a nasty hangover. Black and Tans are tasty, too, but serve best as an intro to Guiness.

Greg

Staff member
Picked up a six pack of Boulder Beer Company's "hazed & infused". Very hoppy, but not much else going on. Decent though. The label looks very Magic Hattish. Kind of a rip off IMHO. Speaking of Magic Hat, I saw a sample 12 pack in Stop and Shop which included the HI.P.A.! Glad to see that's available already.

drjeff

Picked up a six pack of Boulder Beer Company's "hazed & infused". Very hoppy, but not much else going on. Decent though. The label looks very Magic Hattish. Kind of a rip off IMHO. Speaking of Magic Hat, I saw a sample 12 pack in Stop and Shop which included the HI.P.A.! Glad to see that's available already.

Hazed and infused is pretty tasty, just AVOID BBC's "Sweaty Betty" :puke: Tastes like betty is a VERY big woman who doesn't like deodorant!

My favorites: Year round: Sam Adams lager, Harpoon IPA, Tuckermans IPA, Long Trail Ale

Winter: Add in lately Boubon Cask Ale from Anheiser Busch, Magic Hat #9, and if I can find it, Sam Adams Chocolate Boch

Summer: Magic Hat Hocus Pocus, Sam Adams Summer

tailgating at Patriots games; Need to have atleast 1 Narragansett to start :beer:

Hard Stuff: Knobb Creek Bourbon or the occasional Johny Walker Blue for special family events

Wine (if I have to :rolleyes:) The occasional Dry Chardonnay with seafood in the summer or a good fruity Merlot with a nice piece of beef in the winter months works for me :cool:

SKIQUATTRO

is the Prohabition Ale at Smuggs (Brewed by Long Trail) just a regular LTA just relabled or is it its own recipe??

kickstand

anyone happen to notice if Sam Adams White Ale is out yet? I haven't been to the packie in quite some time....

Grassi21

Dewar's on the rocks this very moment. I'm half in the bag! ;-)

Paul

Just knocked off a bottle of Heritage du Chateau Sauvignon Blanc from the Touraine region of the Loire Valley.

*hic

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com

after reading about the HiPA here which seemed well spoken, i decided to give it a rip today. unfortunately, only 12 packs were available at my local package store. i much prefer 6'ers when sampling a new brew. it is a good IPA. IPAs are my favorite beer so i always enjoy trying a new IPA. i put it on the same level as its weaker sister the #9, good but not great. i have yet to find an IPA i enjoy more than harpoon.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
is the Prohabition Ale at Smuggs (Brewed by Long Trail) just a regular LTA just relabled or is it its own recipe??
hmmmm, three unique VT ski area brews from long trail (tram ale, single chair, prohibition), i would suspect these are all relabeled versions of the same brew. any one know for sure if these are three distinct brews or just relabels?

Greg

Staff member
after reading about the HiPA here which seemed well spoken, i decided to give it a rip today. unfortunately, only 12 packs were available at my local package store. i much prefer 6'ers when sampling a new brew. it is a good IPA. IPAs are my favorite beer so i always enjoy trying a new IPA. i put it on the same level as its weaker sister the #9, good but not great. i have yet to find an IPA i enjoy more than harpoon.

Bro-in-law brought me a six pack today. Good man. I love the stuff - most hoppy IPA I've tried - almost like grapefruit juice in its citrus flavor. Way better than Harpoon IMO. Ever try the Long Trail IPA? Pretty good too. In all honesty though, any local microbrewed IPA is going to put a smile on my face.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i really didn't care for the long trail IPA. i also tried their brewers special IPA and that was particularly fowl. in general, i don't care much for long trail.