• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite 'adult' beverage?

Paul

Moat Mountain Cathedral Ledge Lager

Love the food there too

Dammit!!! Now you got me thinking about MM...
drool.gif

SKIQUATTRO

Had a very nice Merlot (on the lighter side-almose a Pinot Noir) last night: Fat Bastard

SKIQUATTRO

i have 2 bottles of the Shiraz (Fat Bast) in the wine fridge awaiting an uncorkage!!!!

Paul

We will drink no wine before it's time

[size=6 ]IT'S TIME!!!!!!!!!!![/size=6]

Hey, how do you use HTML Tags on this board?

I usually just highlight the word, then use the dropdowns etc... above the text box.

Otherwise, I think it would've worked if you had just used [/size] as your end tag...

IT'S TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

yup.

kickstand

I AM NOT DRINKING ANY F**KING MERLOT!!!!!!

12-giamatti-inside.jpg

I caught something on NECN this morning about an upcoming wine tasting/festival. The host asked if the movie "Sideways" helped boost wine sales, especially pinot noir, in the US. The guy being interviewed said, yes, definitely - along with red wine being good for your health - and that is also hurt merlot sales.

Paul

I caught something on NECN this morning about an upcoming wine tasting/festival. The host asked if the movie "Sideways" helped boost wine sales, especially pinot noir, in the US. The guy being interviewed said, yes, definitely - along with red wine being good for your health - and that is also hurt merlot sales.

The only thing that stinks about that is that I always preferred Pinot to Merlot, or to just about any other red in general. So, naturally, when I would go to buy wine, and said I liked Pinot, I would get that look like "oh, YOU just watched 'Sideways' " No, really, I just tend to like them.

dmc

Next time I'm up in VT I gotta pick me up some of that Long Trail - Double Bag...
I usually buy a few boxes at the brewery...

ccskier

hmmmm, three unique VT ski area brews from long trail (tram ale, single chair, prohibition), i would suspect these are all relabeled versions of the same brew. any one know for sure if these are three distinct brews or just relabels?

I heard the same about the relable. All 3 also taste just like Hit the Trail.

For booze you all should try Sunshine Vodka. The old brew masters from the Shed in Stowe started making it. It is great, organic, no hangovers and goes down smoothed since it is distlled 5 times.

montvm

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but Berkshire Brewing company sells Pints, Growlers, and also logs. Steel Rail IPA is good, Lost Sailor IPA also very good, Black and Tan, wow! Cabin Fever Ale for a lighter beer. All very good.

Best beer that i have had yet!:beer:

Greg

Staff member
Since I couldn't imagine *drinking* A1, here's mine (from memory and a lot more complicated):
  • Rub lemon wedge on rim of a pint glass and dip in salt/pepper mixture (like for a margerita)
  • Fill pint glass 1/3 full with ice.
  • Add a shot (or two) of Vodka
  • 1 Tbsp horseradish
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 lemon wedge (squeezed)
  • 1 lime wedge (squeezed)
  • Numerous drops of Tabasco
  • Fresh black pepper
  • Stir this mixture and then stir in tomato juice
  • Add celery stalk and a stirrer with green olives
So good...

Guess what I'm sipping on this evening...