• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite 'adult' beverage?

Grassi21

I tried a new one this weekend. Grey Goose Orange, tonic, and a twist of orange... So good!

bigbog

a new favorite..;-)

Had some Otter Creek Copper Ale last week...tasted exactly like Bar Harbor Ale, except with just a little more clarity. Instantly became my brew of choice...now to find it without going the 100+ miles for it;-)

ctenidae

Got a couple of bottles of Zywiec yesterday. Not in and of itself remarkable, since I drink it fairly often. What's cool, though, is they have a new temperature sensitive patch on the back label. When the beer's cold enough, the Zywiec logo appears. Very cool.

pimothy

La Fin du Monde beer (9% alky). Generally a good idea not to chug a 6 Pack.

SKIQUATTRO

just bought a case of Smithwicks...heavy on color, lite on taste....just something different...

ctenidae

just bought a case of Smithwicks...heavy on color, lite on taste....just something different...

Smithwick's is a disappointing beer. You think it'll be great, but it's really not much of anything.

Had a Tsing Tao True Draft the other day. First time I ever saw it. Very interesting beer- very very light, almost sweet, not too carbonated. Kind of like a Saporro, but without the bubbles. Not a great beer by any stretch, but intersting.

MarcHowes

Website
www.hoosactunnel.net
My favorite beer at the moment is The Imperial Stout from McNeil's in Brattleboro. Awesome stuff. I'm also a fan of the Smutty Nose Imperial stout (seasonal sadly, but much easier to get than McNeil's!). Dark strong beers are where its at :)

wa-loaf

Just about any microbrew, Guinness on tap and recently discovered Boddingtons Draft cans. :beer:

roark

My favorite beer at the moment is The Imperial Stout from McNeil's in Brattleboro. Awesome stuff. I'm also a fan of the Smutty Nose Imperial stout (seasonal sadly, but much easier to get than McNeil's!). Dark strong beers are where its at :)
Reagins stout is pretty good too, try it if you haven't yet. It seemed even heavier to me than the imperial :blink: The oatmeal stout is stellar, but for some reason seems to suffer in the bottle... much better at the bar!

Greg

Staff member
I think I've come to the conclusion that the Long Trail IPA may very well be one of my very favorite beers.

Long Live VT Microbrews! :beer:

Grassi21

Finally got to try the Otter Creek Stove Pipe Porter. Great stuff and is available at the liquor store that is walking distance from my house.

VT Micros do rock.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I think I've come to the conclusion that the Long Trail IPA may very well be one of my very favorite beers.

Long Live VT Microbrews! :beer:
I can't really get into much from Long Trail for some reason. Double Bag is really the only thing that wows me for the major VT bottlers. Some local Brew Pubs have some Tap Only Micros that are unreal. Some of my favorite beers you can not get in a bottle or growler and are served within an half hour of my place. Just the other day, I discovered a really great unknown local brewer from Morrisville called Rock Art (they are bottled).

roark

I can't really get into much from Long Trail for some reason. Double Bag is really the only thing that wows me for the major VT bottlers. Some local Brew Pubs have some Tap Only Micros that are unreal. Some of my favorite beers you can not get in a bottle or growler and are served within an half hour of my place. Just the other day, I discovered a really great unknown local brewer from Morrisville called Rock Art (they are bottled).
Agreed. Long Trail doesn't do much for me either. FYI Rock Art has been on tap at Sneaux the last couple years... :beer:

bill2ski

In a simplified life all things should be as easy as Jim Kotch has made my beer selection prossess Winter Lager+White Ale /Summer Ale+ Sam Light just check the outside temps and pick
Jager in the flask all winter

Greg

Staff member
In a simplified life all things should be as easy as Jim Kotch has made my beer selection prossess Winter Lager+White Ale /Summer Ale+ Sam Light just check the outside temps and pick
Jager in the flask all winter

For some reason, it's all to obvious when guys are buzzed on any particular night as this thread gets bumped. :lol:

Anyway, I've discovered Smirnoff Triple Distilled. Decent vodka for 21 bucks a handle.

ctenidae

Anyway, I've discovered Smirnoff Triple Distilled. Decent vodka for 21 bucks a handle.

You should check out Luksusowa from Poland- triple distilled potato vodka- equally inexpensive, and better than Smirnoff products.