• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skidbump bored?

dmc

Everybody is welcome. Thank you very much. The knockout punch.

kangaroo-punch-woman.jpg

well done... once again... :rolleyes:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
By questioning the curse thing, you knew exactly the sort of response you'd get from me, so you did sorta bring it up.

I have always enjoyed raising an eyebrow, I'll be first to admit it. Now, I am in a little difficult position as my site, by the way it's nschat.net not andyzone, is a sticking point for you. Do I change the ways I normally post or do I continue with the possibility that it will be taken out of context. I've kind of went down the middle, even with this thread I tried not to get too involved, but you and bvibert are the ones that kept on brining up my site.

OK, trying to get back on track. It was a couple of months ago that you PM'd me about my use of the word fuck, it was a mistake on my part and I quickly changed it. That is why I was surprised when I saw you use it and asked about it. It was no free speech issue it was no trying to push my site. It was a simple question since in the past you gave me crap about it. So now you tell me, do I change my posting style from what it has always been because you and bvibert are suddenly all sensitve?

From what I've seen, I will say you haven't really badmouthed AZ over other than disagreeing with the philosophy of how we do things. I think capitalizing on the situation and initially almost modeling the site after AZ was a bit shady, but hey, you saw an opportunity and went for it. I hope it's everything you hoped it would be.

You couldn't be more wrong. I did not try to capitalize on anything. Unlike you, I am not trying to make resort management happy and generate ad revenue. I am looking to give people a forum where they can freely express themselves with out being pressured by mods and other about what they say. I was actually reluctant to start the site, I know it could be a pain in the butt. The straw that did get me starting the site is you and you're treatment of GSS. No secret, I was always for banning the butt hole for some of the things he did here, I thought he was very disruptive. However, to ban him for his thoughts on a valid argument to me was just total crap. Yes, you can say he broke forum policy on politics, but isn't a thread on 911 a political thread. Greg as you stated, he didn't get banned for that one instance, that was just the last straw. I didn't start my forum because of that banning, I didn't start it because of GSS, I didn't even start it because of AlpineZones over moderation. I started it because of some of the shit I saw happening on a number of forums. I started it because of censorship and controlling admins I saw on a number of different forums. And it doesn't just amount to cursing, or saying anything you want to say, I could even understand that being moderated. It amounts to selective moderation. Which I see here as well as other sites. So, no, my site is not an answer to Alpinezone specifically, no it is not a support site for GSS. As you stated, it came out of a "last straw" scenerio. And GSS being banned from here was that straw. If anything, I try to steer talk away from that on my site.

I visit from time to time mostly out of morbid curiosity, but I won't post. I see a lot of ugly over there and it's just not for me.

Mordbid curiosity, cute, so you've judged this site as being worthless, I could understand that coming from you. Guess for some it's not.

OK, bvibert, hurry up and pull out the BS flag. Or maybe this time you'll surprise us and actually come back with an intelligent response.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Now you guys got me riled, as an FYI, there is one thing and only one thing that I ever moderated on my site. That is something that GSS said about Carrie, did it out of respect for her cause I thing she's one hell of a woman.

Greg

Staff member
I have always enjoyed raising an eyebrow, I'll be first to admit it. Now, I am in a little difficult position as my site, by the way it's nschat.net not andyzone, is a sticking point for you. Do I change the ways I normally post or do I continue with the possibility that it will be taken out of context. I've kind of went down the middle, even with this thread I tried not to get too involved, but you and bvibert are the ones that kept on brining up my site.

OK, trying to get back on track. It was a couple of months ago that you PM'd me about my use of the word fuck, it was a mistake on my part and I quickly changed it. That is why I was surprised when I saw you use it and asked about it. It was no free speech issue it was no trying to push my site. It was a simple question since in the past you gave me crap about it. So now you tell me, do I change my posting style from what it has always been because you and bvibert are suddenly all sensitve?

You couldn't be more wrong. I did not try to capitalize on anything. Unlike you, I am not trying to make resort management happy and generate ad revenue. I am looking to give people a forum where they can freely express themselves with out being pressured by mods and other about what they say. I was actually reluctant to start the site, I know it could be a pain in the butt. The straw that did get me starting the site is you and you're treatment of GSS. No secret, I was always for banning the butt hole for some of the things he did here, I thought he was very disruptive. However, to ban him for his thoughts on a valid argument to me was just total crap. Yes, you can say he broke forum policy on politics, but isn't a thread on 911 a political thread. Greg as you stated, he didn't get banned for that one instance, that was just the last straw. I didn't start my forum because of that banning, I didn't start it because of GSS, I didn't even start it because of AlpineZones over moderation. I started it because of some of the shit I saw happening on a number of forums. I started it because of censorship and controlling admins I saw on a number of different forums. And it doesn't just amount to cursing, or saying anything you want to say, I could even understand that being moderated. It amounts to selective moderation. Which I see here as well as other sites. So, no, my site is not an answer to Alpinezone specifically, no it is not a support site for GSS. As you stated, it came out of a "last straw" scenerio. And GSS being banned from here was that straw. If anything, I try to steer talk away from that on my site.

Mordbid curiosity, cute, so you've judged this site as being worthless, I could understand that coming from you. Guess for some it's not.

OK, bvibert, hurry up and pull out the BS flag. Or maybe this time you'll surprise us and actually come back with an intelligent response.

Okay.

bvibert

Staff member

Sure dude, what ever you say. The few times that I've visited andyzone a thread about alpinezone has been the top discussion, way to steer talk away from it, nice work.

ctenidae

I haven't read andyzee's site for one reason, and one only- search results:

No posts were found because the word ctenidae is not contained in any post.

Seriously. I need better enemies.

bvibert

Staff member
What's next, you don't agree with me so, you give me da boot. :???:

You'd like people to think that's the way we operate here, those who are actually willing to use their heads will know that's not true.

Nice try to take a little shot at me, well actually it wasn't all that nice of a try, but I do give you some credit for the effort.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I haven't read andyzee's site for one reason, and one only- search results:

No posts were found because the word ctenidae is not contained in any post.

Seriously. I need better enemies.

I think it's more because no one can remember how to spell your damned stupid name.

ctenidae

I think it's more because no one can remember how to spell your damned stupid name.

I tried all the standard misspellings, too.
Really, though, who wants stupid enemies? I try to set the bar a little higher, so disrupting their nefarious plans at world domination is more of a challenge. Otherwise, it's really not worth getting out of bed in the morning, you know?

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Sure dude, what ever you say. The few times that I've visited andyzone a thread about alpinezone has been the top discussion, way to steer talk away from it, nice work.

So what you're saying is I should moderate more and keep people from talking about AlpineZone? Should I just make all talk about Alpinezone off limits. Greg talk to your boy and straighten him out please. He's doing his best to give me a soapbox, something I really don't want to do.

Greg

Staff member
You'd like people to think that's the way we operate here, those who are actually willing to use their heads will know that's not true.

We're Evil! If you don't agree with us or if you criticize a ski area that advertises here, we'll ban your ass!!!! Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship.

Bwah-hah-hah-hah...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:roll:

Greg

Staff member
So what you're saying is I should moderate more and keep people from talking about AlpineZone? Should I just make all talk about Alpinezone off limits. Greg talk to your boy and straighten him out please. He's doing his best to give me a soapbox, something I really don't want to do.

Don't change a thing Andy. You've got a real formula for success already going over there... :beer:

dmc

We're Evil! If you don't agree with us or if you criticize a ski area that advertises here, we'll ban your ass!!!! Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship.

Bwah-hah-hah-hah...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:roll:

You forgot the "if we don't like your attitude, we'll ban your ass"

And

"if you don't like DMB, we'll ban your ass"

dmc

damn there is an alpine zone thread over there... sorry.. i stand corrected...

Greg

Staff member
You forgot the "if we don't like your attitude, we'll ban your ass"

And

"if you don't like DMB, we'll ban your ass"

Indeed. Luckily DHS paid me handsomely into allowing Grateful Dead discussion here. If I had my way that crap would be black-listed too.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Indeed. Luckily DHS paid me handsomely into allowing Grateful Dead discussion here. If I had my way that crap would be black-listed too.

must have pained you to author the truckin' up to Killington thread. :lol: