• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skidbump bored?

dmc

How is "bump for effect" on a bunch of threads helpful to the community? What is meant by "bump for effect" other than the effect already discussed? Why not "bump because I'm bored and we need better discussion"? Freudian slip?

Well - you don't always win...

I thought some of the threads were actually good.. and was going to post...

It may be that for that person the current topics were boring.. Im sure you've wished there were more interesting threads to post to at times... I have..

Dr Skimeister

Is it just coincidence that as I read this whole thread I keep hearing Sondheim's lyrics?

Isn't it rich?
Are we a pair?
Me here at last on the ground,
You in mid-air.
Send in the clowns.

Isn't it bliss?
Don't you approve?
One who keeps tearing around,
One who can't move.
Where are the clowns?
Send in the clowns.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,
Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours,
Making my entrance again with my usual flair,
Sure of my lines,
No one is there.

Don't you love farce?
My fault I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want.
Sorry, my dear.
But where are the clowns?
Quick, send in the clowns.
Don't bother, they're here.

Isn't it rich?
Isn't it queer,
Losing my timing this late
In my career?
And where are the clowns?
There ought to be clowns.
Well, maybe next year.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Well - you don't always win...

I thought some of the threads were actually good.. and was going to post...

It may be that for that person the current topics were boring.. Im sure you've wished there were more interesting threads to post to at times... I have..
So Labor Day weekend was something worthy of resurfacing? Honestly... you're deluding yourself if you truly believe this was done solely with the intention of livening things up around here (unless the intention was to provoke a thread like this).

More interesting threads are okay... but there are limits.

dmc

So Labor Day weekend was something worthy of resurfacing? Honestly... you're deluding yourself if you truly believe this was done solely with the intention of livening things up around here (unless the intention was to provoke a thread like this).

More interesting threads are okay... but there are limits.

I didn't read the labor day thread..

I bumped a couple GSS threads:
a: because I thought they would liven up the ski related conversation
b: because I wanted the haters to see that GSS can contribute some good stuff.. And would like to see him come back.
c: because I enjoy provoking the moderators. :)

skidbump

So you felt the weekend of 8/28-8/30 was so fabulous that it must be repeated? :roll:

Honestly..all i did was take all his posts in order and wanted to fill page with some thing other than daily gear deals...thats it..nothing more..He had the most and i believe one of his may have been first on "todays posts.

Glenn

How come you guys can't get over the fact that he's been banned? There's another forum where he posts; I can't wrap my brain around why old threads need to bumped on this website. It just boggles my mind. If you think he made good points, why not PM him on the other site and say so?

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I think many of the bumped posts were worthy of discussion and the drama didn't start until you guys jumped in with the fanboy stuff...

You guys seem to provoke a tad... which is fine... but if you mess with the bull your gonna get the horns.... of something like that... i forget...

As maybe one of the few members here who is well qualified to speak on the matter, bull bovines are not something with which to mess.

Handling a 2,300 lb animal can be tricky. You need confidence. Walk them to your dominant side whenever possible, keeping your dominant hand close to their head, even if they're well halter broken. Keep the head up at all costs and steer their head in the direction you want them to walk.

dmc

How come you guys can't get over the fact that he's been banned? There's another forum where he posts; I can't wrap my brain around why old threads need to bumped on this website. It just boggles my mind. If you think he made good points, why not PM him on the other site and say so?

Because this place is better with him... plain and simple.. it's funnier and livelier..
Without him and others, it's just not as good.. And his banning represents something that some of us can't wrap our heads around as far as the "moderation" goes here...

Philpug

This really shows a lack of character and is an insult to the people who give hours upon end to host this site.