• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skidbump bored?

skidbump

How come you guys can't get over the fact that he's been banned? There's another forum where he posts; I can't wrap my brain around why old threads need to bumped on this website. It just boggles my mind. If you think he made good points, why not PM him on the other site and say so?

If you dont like the fact the we have the ability to bump his threads then ask that the be locked

dmc

This really shows a lack of character and is an insult to the people who give hours upon end to host this site.

wow... your right... sorry....

Maybe we should put away a day like a holiday to honor their sacrifice... :roll:

skidbump

This really shows a lack of character and is an insult to the people who give hours upon end to host this site.

Well at least no ones threatened anyone yet.
I personally didnt want to insult anyone. If i did i apologize.

wa-loaf

Mods, you keep reacting to the bumps. Shrug your shoulders and give it a "meh" and ignore it. You are feeding the fire. Ignore it and it will eventually go away.

dmc

Mods, you keep reacting to the bumps. Shrug your shoulders and give it a "meh" and ignore it. You are feeding the fire. Ignore it and it will eventually go away.

This thread would've died after Greg added his comment..

Philpug

Well at least no ones threatened anyone yet.
I personally didnt want to insult anyone. If i did i apologize.
You actions differ than your words. By resurrecting the multitudes of threads that you did it was a complete slap in the face (i.e. insult) to the people running this site.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
This ftw.

By the way, there's zero mention of today's bump-a-thon and related commentary on Andy's dead-er then shit website. Just saying ;)

Greg

Staff member
He's sorry for overstepping his bounds.. He seriously wants to come back..

He might want to come back, but he's sure as hell not really sorry. He's never apologized to me or anyone else here, namely Brian and Carrie with any true sincerity. He's not capable of it because he's socially retarded.

What makes it even more odd...and boarderline disturbing is most of the people making this stink are the same age as my parents. Ugh. Creepy.

:lol:

I bumped a couple GSS threads:
a: because I thought they would liven up the ski related conversation
b: because I wanted the haters to see that GSS can contribute some good stuff.. And would like to see him come back.
c: because I enjoy provoking the moderators. :)

Your list is out of order. The primary reason you guys do it is C.

There are a lot of things about GSS that I miss, but there are more that I don't.

Honestly..all i did was take all his posts in order and wanted to fill page with some thing other than daily gear deals...thats it..nothing more..He had the most and i believe one of his may have been first on "todays posts.

Honestly? Bullshit. Here's an idea. Why don't you get creative and start some new threads? And what are you talking about with the daily gear threads? Finally, like DHS said, what was the point of bumping an August weekend thread? The fact that all your posts included "bump for effect" proves you just wanted a reaction.

It actually makes sense that you guys that think it's funny or justifiable support someone as immature as GSS. You're not a lot different than him.

Glenn

Because this place is better with him... plain and simple.. it's funnier and livelier..
Without him and others, it's just not as good..

So why continue to post here? You know where he posts. Using your logic, where he's currently posting should "funnier and livelier" than AZ. I just don't see the need for rehashing things here. He's not coming back.

And his banning represents something that some of us can't wrap our heads around as far as the "moderation" goes here...

And publicly stiring the pot will accomplish what?

skidbump

Again it was for only the reason stated..If yours was first it would have been 1 page of philplug.
I made my statement when he was banned and that was it.Also dmc is prob correct.If no one stepped in it would be over

dmc

You actions differ than your words. By resurrecting the multitudes of threads that you did it was a complete slap in the face (i.e. insult) to the people running this site.

You need to think more about the community and less about the moderators...
This site is not about keeping moderators happy...

GSS would moderate here at the drop of a dime and ask nothing in return except mad steezy props..

Puck it

GSS would moderate here at the drop of a dime and ask nothing in return except mad steezy props..

Anyone says LEAD Balloon.

Riverskier

Exactly. It is like kids acting out to get their parents attention. If it works, the behavior will continue. If it doesn't garner a reaction, it is less likely in the future.

dmc

So why continue to post here? You know where he posts. Using your logic, where he's currently posting should "funnier and livelier" than AZ. I just don't see the need for rehashing things here. He's not coming back.

Because I believe this place is better with him... Just like it's better with you and even PUckIt.. We are all a part of this thing.. Get used to it... I like AZ - But i like it better when people don't get excluded and don't try to oppress opinions that may seem a bit whacky..

And publicly stiring the pot will accomplish what?
It's brought his banning back to the conversation...

Philpug

Again it was for only the reason stated..If yours was first it would have been 1 page of philplug.
I made my statement when he was banned and that was it.Also dmc is prob correct.If no one stepped in it would be over

Wow, name calling, real class there too. This is what, 3rd grade?:rolleyes:

You say you made your statement, and yet you keep talking and playing games like this.

deadheadskier

Staff member

You are 100% correct

Substitute GSS for moderator and the same holds true. He didn't get that.