• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skidbump bored?

dmc

You are 100% correct

Substitute GSS for moderator and the same holds true. He didn't get that.

I think you should make GSS a moderator for one day and see how it goes... :)

I bet it would be steezy...

Philpug

You need to think more about the community and less about the moderators...
This site is not about keeping moderators happy...

GSS would moderate here at the drop of a dime and ask nothing in return except mad steezy props..

It goes past the moderators, it goes to the people who run the site. Again a Moderator is to be "moderate", there is nothing GSS ever did here in "moderation". While he had a bunch of very good thread ideas, the good was outweighed by the noise.

Puck it

Because I believe this place is better with him... Just like it's better with you and even PUckIt.. We are all a part of this thing.. Get used to it... I like AZ - But i like it better when people don't get excluded and don't try to oppress opinions that may seem a bit whacky..

I knew you could not ignore me. You love me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

dmc

Wow, name calling, real class there too. This is what, 3rd grade?:rolleyes:

You say you made your statement, and yet you keep talking and playing games like this.

Wow... Telling someone they're acting like a third grader... :rolleyes:

Greg

Staff member
Mods, you keep reacting to the bumps. Shrug your shoulders and give it a "meh" and ignore it. You are feeding the fire. Ignore it and it will eventually go away.

Exactly. It is like kids acting out to get their parents attention. If it works, the behavior will continue. If it doesn't garner a reaction, it is less likely in the future.

Easier said than done guys. I guess we supposed to just sit back like a bunch of chumps and let the fan boys giggle at us? I'd rather clearly point out the idiocy.

Puck it

Exactly. It is like kids acting out to get their parents attention. If it works, the behavior will continue. If it doesn't garner a reaction, it is less likely in the future.

This car is getting turned around now! No ice cream!

dmc

Because I believe this place is better with him... Just like it's better with you and even PUckIt.. We are all a part of this thing.. Get used to it... I like AZ - But i like it better when people don't get excluded and don't try to oppress opinions that may seem a bit whacky..

I knew you could not ignore me. You love me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

I dislike intensely - but i think you should post as part of the community..

It's about the fabric of the ski/board community...

Everyone watch Hotdog tonight...
I bet half those guys would get booted from AlpineZone...

dmc

Easier said than done guys. I guess we supposed to just sit back like a bunch of chumps and let the fan boys giggle at us? I'd rather clearly point out the idiocy.

your posts garner a lot more respect then the others..

Puck it

dmc;476544 I dislike intensely - but i think you should post as part of the community.. It's about the fabric of the ski/board community... Everyone watch Hotdog tonight... I bet half those guys would get booted from AlpineZone...[/QUOTE said:
You are not ignoring me!!!!! Just rascally rabbit.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I think you should make GSS a moderator for one day and see how it goes... :)

I bet it would be steezy...

probably not, because unlike you, GSS had zero care or respect for this community. Ultimately, that's why he's not here.

You keep preaching community, community, it's all about the community brother, yet you go on crusade to support a completely selfish individual who only cares about himself, not the community. It makes no sense dmc and renders your 'community philosophy' completely hollow.

dmc

probably not, because unlike you, GSS had zero care or respect for this community. Ultimately, that's why he's not here.

You keep preaching community, community, it's all about the community brother, yet you go on crusade to support a completely selfish individual who only cares about himself, not the community. It makes no sense dmc and renders your 'community philosophy' completely hollow.

Maybe I see his contributions a bit differently then others..

If anything - I'm being selfish because I like him around.. I really think this place is better with him around.. I can't help it.. I'm a fanboy of the obnoxious, goofy, self deprecating skier character... weather it be me, GSS or someone else...

Puck it

Get it right. There is a space in there. It is not PUckIt. It is Puck It! God darn it!!!

Riverskier

He's never apologized to me or anyone else here, namely Brian and Carrie with any true sincerity. He's not capable of it because he's socially retarded.

It actually makes sense that you guys that think it's funny or justifiable support someone as immature as GSS. You're not a lot different than him.

What does he have to apologize for? This I simply don't understand. Anyone who puts their most private business on the internet for the entire world to see should expect people to comment on it. Personally I keep my private life private, as it should be. If I did put something deeply personal on the internet, especially a discussion forum, I would certainly be prepared for people to discuss it.

As to the second comment, I support GSS and that couldn't be further from the truth. I am NOTHING like GSS, but simply enjoyed his posts and felt he contributed a lot to this forum. It also seems to me he was banned largely for personal reasons which I don't support.

Puck it

If anything - I'm being selfish because I like him around.. I really think this place is better with him around.. I can't help it.. I'm a fanboy of the obnoxious, goofy, self deprecating skier character... weather it be me, GSS or someone else...

Sounding more and more like an elephant parade is about to break out!!!!!!

wa-loaf

My daughter will lie down in the middle of the kitchen floor for any number of reasons. I'll ask her nicely to get up and move. Sometimes she does, sometime she doesn't. If she doesn't I can resort to threats about time outs and what not and then she'll start spinning around putting her feet on the cabinets etc. until I pick her up and put her in her room for a time-out. All mainly to get a rise out of me. Or I can ignore her and she'll get up in a couple minutes and go find something else to do since she isn't getting the reaction she wants from me.

dmc

It also seems to me he was banned largely for personal reasons which I don't support.

Thats really what bugs me...

But lets be careful here... don't want this bad boy locked... :)

deadheadskier

Staff member

so, you really don't care about the community? You only care about what's good for dmc.

Somehow I'm not surprised. I've come to expect hypocrisy from you.

Another example would be forum moderation. You demand less moderation until you feel slighted in the least bit and then you throw a huge tantrum until your hero Greg swoops in to save you.

does dmc stand for 'Dis My Cake'?