• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skidbump bored?

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Does that "shaking hand and making strange sounds" trick work that Crocodile Dundee used on the water buffalo lying in the road?

Only if you're Paul Hogan. Actually, that trick was bullshit, because the whole problem was the frackin thing blocking the road. So he got it to lie down, big deal. It's still blocking the road. He coulda shot it instead and had buffalo burgers.

Puck it

Does anyone remember laughter?

Robert%20Plant%201993%20sized.jpg
:spin::spin::smile::smile::smile:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I think we can all admit that was an error in judgment, and was most definitely the root cause of all this.
<snip>
And GSS doesn't give a flying fuck about this community, one that is often based on face-to-face interactions out on the hill. AZ is more than just some message board (might be why Carrie felt comfortable reaching out during a difficult time). GSS only cared about AZ to the extent that it provided him a way to keep his mind occupied while he was alone at night in his stark apartment, or taking tombstone orders.
I'll comment on this because I'm hoping to put this situation to bed, once and for all. Yes, I consider AZ to be much more than a message board, and I've said that many times before. I've met many people on here in person. It's a community, it was a safe haven, and a support system. Regardless of how you feel personally about internet forums, that was the reasoning behind why I reached out at one of the most difficult times in my life on here. Clearly, it was not the right thing to do and I regret it every day. HOWEVER what followed is not excusable by the fact that I opened up my heart on here and privately with members. And regardless of your feelings for what happened, every time the situation is brought up again, it makes it all that much harder to move on. Can't you at least respect that? Or have you never made a mistake and tried to make amends for it?

I know there are others on this board who genuinely sought support here during difficult times in their lives. Does that mean they should be ridiculed as well?

And then you go and read the things he posted about all of us on Andyzone including Carrie, and it's clear it was the right decision.
...not to mention that much of that was stated while he was PMing me on Facebook asking me to have Greg un-ban him. Gives you some insight as to the mentality you're dealing with....

SkiDork

Only if you're Paul Hogan. Actually, that trick was bullshit, because the whole problem was the frackin thing blocking the road. So he got it to lie down, big deal. It's still blocking the road. He coulda shot it instead and had buffalo burgers.

ya know, I never thought about that. Good point.

Maybe they slaughtered it off camera after it lied down... and had buffalo burgers then...

Greg

Staff member
If he apologizes and means it... Can he come back? :)

I think I know the answer...

You know what, D? I think it would be really awesome if GSS was somehow able to prove he was truly sorry, that he did intend to show even just a little respect towards me, and Brian and the rest of the mods, and that he wouldn't use AZ as an outlet to incessantly post drivel. I do miss some of the contributions he made and his enthusiasm.

The bottom line is he's not capable of any of that. Like many have said, he has no filter, and he's never matured past the age of 12 socially. There are real life issues there, and I feel a bit sorry for him. If any of you "crusaders" really cared about him, you would've asked him for his phone number and given him a call and see if he needs a friend to talk to.

Any apology he gives at this point would be completely transparent, and we'd all be back in this same spot again eventually. And requesting that he change his behavior would alter a lot of what you guys claim to like about him. Therefore, I think we all need to just get over it.

skidbump

Honestly? Bullshit. Here's an idea. Why don't you get creative and start some new threads? And what are you talking about with the daily gear threads? Finally, like DHS said, what was the point of bumping an August weekend thread? The fact that all your posts included "bump for effect" proves you just wanted a reaction.

It actually makes sense that you guys that think it's funny or justifiable support someone as immature as GSS. You're not a lot different than him.

Well then i call your bullshit and raise you 2 bullshits..Every morning when i come to this site at arround 6ish i hit the Quick Links tab then the todays post tab and 80% of first page is Daily Gear Deals.Today i decided to fill first page with something different thats all it was .His post was first on page so it was just a random choice.As i said to Phil if his was first, his old posts would have filled it up .If i offended anyone,To bad .I did not intent to .Yes i was bored.I dont have much in common with most here.I get to ski 100 plus days a yr.Most here do not.I come by to see if anything interesting is being posted.And i do it every day.If i have a question that i feel could be answered here i would post it here.Sometimes i do,sometime i dont.I dont look for trouble, never have,never will.

And as stated before if mods just let it go it would be old news.

ctenidae

Not sure how this train wreck of a thread got to Paul Hogan and buffalo burgers, and not going to read it to find out, but I like the direction it's going now.

Greg

Staff member
Well then i call your bullshit and raise you 2 bullshits..Every morning when i come to this site at arround 6ish i hit the Quick Links tab then the todays post tab and 80% of first page is Daily Gear Deals.Today i decided to fill first page with something different thats all it was .His post was first on page so it was just a random choice.As i said to Phil if his was first, his old posts would have filled it up .If i offended anyone,To bad .I did not intent to .Yes i was bored.I dont have much in common with most here.I get to ski 100 plus days a yr.Most here do not.I come by to see if anything interesting is being posted.And i do it every day.If i have a question that i feel could be answered here i would post it here.Sometimes i do,sometime i dont.I dont look for trouble, never have,never will.

And as stated before if mods just let it go it would be old news.

Well, just look at that. Most people go directly to the New Posts link at the top, drill down through Quick Links. I'll fix that one too.

So maybe you did have a different motive, but surly you can understand why bumping all GSS posts with "bump for effect" would get such a reaction, no?

dmc

You know what, D? I think it would be really awesome if GSS was somehow able to prove he was truly sorry, that he did intend to show even just a little respect towards me, and Brian and the rest of the mods, and that he wouldn't use AZ as an outlet to incessantly post drivel. I do miss some of the contributions he made and his enthusiasm.

The bottom line is he's not capable of any of that. Like many have said, he has no filter, and he's never matured past the age of 12 socially. There are real life issues there, and I feel a bit sorry for him. If any of you "crusaders" really cared about him, you would've asked him for his phone number and given him a call and see if he needs a friend to talk to.

Any apology he gives at this point would be completely transparent, and we'd all be back in this same spot again eventually. And requesting that he change his behavior would alter a lot of what you guys claim to like about him. Therefore, I think we all need to just get over it.

i guess I just don't know him as well as you guys... Maybe I don't want to know him... :)

SkiDork

ya know, I've never tried quick links -> todays posts. I always use new posts. I didn't even realize all the gear deals were there.. Live and learn.

skidbump

Well, just look at that. Most people go directly to the New Posts link at the top, drill down through Quick Links. I'll fix that one too.

So maybe you did have a different motive, but surly you can understand why bumping all GSS posts with "bump for effect" would get such a reaction, no?

Yes i see that, but i think if mods just let it go it would be just what it started at..I was bored..Nothing more nothing less

Im out,must go do a job

pat

Warp Daddy

Time to Move on and stretch and grow .
This whole scenario is tired , old and frankly a Freudian 3 ring circus.

I hope that all of OUR LIVES are more enriched than making any internet forum the central purpose of our collective existance . So lets all take a deep breath and MOVE ON

Douglas will survive , posting on the net IS NOT REAL LIFE and he will eventually develop

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
ya know, I've never tried quick links -> todays posts. I always use new posts. I didn't even realize all the gear deals were there.. Live and learn.

I bet you're all bummed about all the missed chances to be a gear whore on the cheap, now, amiright?

Greg

Staff member
I'll comment on this because I'm hoping to put this situation to bed, once and for all. Yes, I consider AZ to be much more than a message board, and I've said that many times before. I've met many people on here in person. It's a community, it was a safe haven, and a support system. Regardless of how you feel personally about internet forums, that was the reasoning behind why I reached out at one of the most difficult times in my life on here. Clearly, it was not the right thing to do and I regret it every day. HOWEVER what followed is not excusable by the fact that I opened up my heart on here and privately with members. And regardless of your feelings for what happened, every time the situation is brought up again, it makes it all that much harder to move on. Can't you at least respect that? Or have you never made a mistake and tried to make amends for it?

I know there are others on this board who genuinely sought support here during difficult times in their lives. Does that mean they should be ridiculed as well?

...not to mention that much of that was stated while he was PMing me on Facebook asking me to have Greg un-ban him. Gives you some insight as to the mentality you're dealing with....

I would like to ask everyone to please re-read what Carrie posted here. Then read it again. She's the one that has to suffer and relive all this each time a GSS crusade comes up. So stop feeling sorry for GSS; he's not the victim here.