Is AlpineZone Over-moderated?

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Is AlpineZone Over-moderated?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 22.41%
  • No

45 77.59%
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Is AlpineZone Over-moderated?

Simple question. Poll results are kept private so please vote regardless of your response. Feel free to elaborate by replying if you want, or not. No pressure to clarify your opinion, but please at least vote. I'm trying to take the overall pulse of the community. If you're not sure, or don't have an opinion or don't care, simply don't vote.

I ski double black diamonds.

It's not overly moderated... It's subjectively moderated.

The way one person is moderated is different from another.
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

i agree with DMC. different people are moderated differently. those that whine, complain, troll, insult and generally annoy others are moderated differently than people who come here to enjoy the forums and participate in a constructive manner.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    i agree with DMC. different people are moderated differently. those that whine, complain, troll, insult and generally annoy others are moderated differently than people who come here to enjoy the forums and participate in a constructive manner.
    Please be nice thats not what I was referring to.

We can be cool - right?

oh wait - your a Sundown guy... nevermind.. your ok...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

I would argue that there will always be some level of subjectivity in all walks of life. I got off without warning going 48 in a 30 mph zone last week. Not every cop would be as forgiving.

In general, and I feel confident in saying this for all the moderators; 'moderating' is something we try and avoid. Generally speaking, when one of us steps in, 90% of the time, the person who is the subject of moderation is looking for attention often in a negative way to begin with.

but, it's all subjective. Not every decision will be popular. If you really want a boring forum, then I supposed we could be 100% objective and make things completely black or white. Lots of gray area here, some just refuse to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Please be nice thats not what I was referring to.

We can be cool - right?

Friend or Enemy. No room for Gray in your Black and White World!
    Dyslexics Have More Nuf !

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    troll, insult and generally annoy others .
    nobody does that over here.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    <<--- see my picture. i'm clearly a killington guy!
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I would argue that there will always be some level of subjectivity in all walks of life. I got off without warning going 48 in a 30 mph zone last week. Not every cop would be as forgiving.

In general, and I feel confident in saying this for all the moderators; 'moderating' is something we try and avoid. Generally speaking, when one of us steps in, 90% of the time, the person who is the subject of moderation is looking for attention often in a negative way to begin with.

but, it's all subjective. Not every decision will be popular. If you really want a boring forum, then I supposed we could be 100% objective and make things completely black or white. Lots of gray area here, some just refuse to see that.
    no offense, but you've been a moderator for 3 or 4 months and I've read some version of this speech from you at least 10 times. my suggestion is to back off a bit. We get it. its not an easy job. You CHOSE to take it. Thats YOUR issue, we dont need the lectures. And I dont see Greg, Dave, Jimg or Brian posting this same message very often.

my .02 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    true... but as much as there are levels of subjectivity being imposed there's different tolerance levels to said subjectivity.. And to some it may not make a difference if they are not part of the decision to moderate.

if your going to be subjective then have at it.. As a long standing member of the AZ community - I'd love to be treated differently the some gaper off the street if there's a decision to be made. Or a guy that skis with you all the time and you know from years ago should get different treatment then me - who's never met you.

Thread Information