Is AlpineZone Over-moderated? - Page 2

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Is AlpineZone Over-moderated?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 22.41%
  • No

45 77.59%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    <<--- see my picture. i'm clearly a killington guy!
    my bad - i turn avatars off...

"Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    no offense, but you've been a moderator for 3 or 4 months and I've read some version of this speech from you at least 10 times. my suggestion is to back off a bit. We get it. its not an easy job. You CHOSE to take it. Thats YOUR issue, we dont need the lectures. And I dont see Greg, Dave, Jimg or Brian posting this same message very often.

my .02 cents.
    He is posting this in defense in a thread about the moderation on AZ. Don't think it's all that wrong of him to do so....KWIM?

This seems to be a topic that comes up regularly and in the end, the general consensus is that the forum is not over-moderated.
    http://forums.alpinezone.com/56970-az-time-out.html
    http://forums.alpinezone.com/6902-no...oderators.html

I agree that you can't really ask a human being to be anything but subjective. There is some skill in figuring out when the line is crossed, when something is meant in jest versus to flame, etc. Black and white rules seems great on paper, but likely would be problematic and cause more uproar if instituted. Since it's mentioned in another thread recently, let's take the language question. What if Greg put to use some sort of software that kept track of every time you swore in your posts and after x number of times, you were banned? Is that the sort of moderation you (the community) would prefer?
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

no offense, but you've been a moderator for 3 or 4 months and I've read some version of this speech from you at least 10 times. my suggestion is to back off a bit. We get it. its not an easy job. You CHOSE to take it. Thats YOUR issue, we dont need the lectures. And I dont see Greg, Dave, Jimg or Brian posting this same message very often.

my .02 cents.
    It's a thread on whether or not people feel this place is over moderated. Seems like a fairly appropriate place to post my feelings on it no? And I would also disagree in that in the Skidbump thread, both Greg and Brian have defended how and why they've moderated certain situations.

As if often said, if you don't like it, don't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    . As a long standing member of the AZ community - I'd love to be treated differently the some gaper off the street if there's a decision to be made.
    I've seen you been given the benefit of the doubt more than most dmc. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

my .02 cents.
    I get what you're saying, but I think Ryan has a good way breaking things down, and I think he addressed the subjective argument quite well. Look. We're all here for the same reason, and the last thing the mods want to do is "lecture" any of you. So don't act like a bunch of idiots and everything will be cool.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    He is posting this in defense in a thread about the moderation on AZ. Don't think it's all that wrong of him to do so....KWIM?
    I dont speak acronym.

Greg started this topic for honest answers. I gave mine. I stand by it. I dont need the lectures. If they dont bother you, great.

Greg started this topic for honest answers. I gave mine. I stand by it. I dont need the lectures. If they dont bother you, great.
    Your kids probably don't like them either...
    I ski double black diamonds.

Watch how this thread gets nasty(mean) quickly...

SKIDORK: "Been busy this morning I see..."

Glenn: "Some people just can't let things go apparently. How long until I'm "waaahwahhh'd" elsewhere?"

Greg: "The fact that grown adults insist upon acting this way is amazing to me. It should pretty embarrassing really. It appears to be a small group that does it just so they actually have something to talk about elsewhere."

deadheadskier: "pretty much

Also somewhat like a young kid messing with the neighbors dog to see how far he can push it before it bites. In this case the 'bite' is a warning from a moderator of which they go and brag about to their friends. What ensues is a brewhaha about the over moderating here. Pretty pathetic"

DMC: "You can be very mean.

Are there bylaws against bumping a thread that just happened to be started by someone that is not in "favor"?

I think it's cool to see some of the really good and entertaining threads that these people started. It shows the good things about them to help temper the negativity.

There were some really good threads created by him.. He did participate and add positive information to the group..."
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

I dont speak acronym.

Fair enough

but my words were directed at dmc. You were the one who made it about me lecturing you.

No, but sometimes when a redundant thread is posted (and locked) I would have like to seen it merged with the "original" topic. On that note, I mentioned that in a (redundant) thread recently, and poof! Threads were merged and conversations continued.

Thread Information