Is AlpineZone Over-moderated? - Page 3

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Is AlpineZone Over-moderated?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 22.41%
  • No

    45 77.59%
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 209
  1. #21
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Watch how this thread gets nasty(mean) quickly...

    SKIDORK: "Been busy this morning I see..."

    Glenn: "Some people just can't let things go apparently. How long until I'm "waaahwahhh'd" elsewhere?"

    Greg: "The fact that grown adults insist upon acting this way is amazing to me. It should pretty embarrassing really. It appears to be a small group that does it just so they actually have something to talk about elsewhere."

    deadheadskier: "pretty much

    Also somewhat like a young kid messing with the neighbors dog to see how far he can push it before it bites. In this case the 'bite' is a warning from a moderator of which they go and brag about to their friends. What ensues is a brewhaha about the over moderating here. Pretty pathetic"

    DMC: "You can be very mean.

    Are there bylaws against bumping a thread that just happened to be started by someone that is not in "favor"?

    I think it's cool to see some of the really good and entertaining threads that these people started. It shows the good things about them to help temper the negativity.

    There were some really good threads created by him.. He did participate and add positive information to the group..."
    There was no where for that thread to go, but down. And I stand by my initial post 100%.

    I ski double black diamonds.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I've seen you been given the benefit of the doubt more than most dmc. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.
    I was using myself as an example... work with me here brah....
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I was using myself as an example... work with me here brah....
    and you are a good example. You said that this place is moderated subjectively. I agree with you. People do build up credibility. Others go in the opposite direction.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    There was no where for that thread to go, but down. And I stand by my initial post 100%.
    Agreed but it was dhs that amped it up to the next level... and as much as you, brian and dhs need to defend yourselves so do we... Unless we are not allowed to..

    this didnt need to happen... if dhs would've just let it go by...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

  5. #25
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
    No, but sometimes when a redundant thread is posted (and locked) I would have like to seen it merged with the "original" topic. On that note, I mentioned that in a (redundant) thread recently, and poof! Threads were merged and conversations continued.
    If something like happens report it and suggest a merge. That's the quickest way for us to spot it.
    I ski double black diamonds.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    and you are a good example. You said that this place is moderated subjectively. I agree with you. People do build up credibility. Others go in the opposite direction.
    But some people may see different credibility then others see... i get away with a ton i know it... and i know it pisses some people off... But it's the path you chose.. sides are taken without anyone saying so...

    "commisars and pin striped bosses roll the dice - Any way they roll guess who gets to pay the price?"
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Agreed but it was dhs that amped it up to the next level... and as much as you, brian and dhs need to defend yourselves so do we... Unless we are not allowed to..

    this didnt need to happen... if dhs would've just let it go by...
    so, you're placing the blame of 28 page thread all on me. I feel honored dmc

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    so, you're placing the blame of 28 page thread all on me. I feel honored dmc
    chill... chill.... chill....

    I was just pointing out where i think things went bad on the moderator side..

    I think other then Puckit being up my ass it's a great thread... I think it's been needed to heal the great schism...
    I actually want to drink a beer with Brian now... never felt that way... Sure he doesn't care less... just thought I'd throw it out there...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    If something like happens report it and suggest a merge. That's the quickest way for us to spot it.
    Will do. Thanks

  10. #30
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I actually want to drink a beer with Brian now... never felt that way... Sure he doesn't care less... just thought I'd throw it out there...
    Brian prefers rum. In ludicrous quantities.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:53 PM.