Is AlpineZone Over-moderated? - Page 4

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Is AlpineZone Over-moderated?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 22.41%
  • No

45 77.59%
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Are there bylaws against bumping a thread that just happened to be started by someone that is not in "favor"?

I think it's cool to see some of the really good and entertaining threads that these people started. It shows the good things about them to help temper the negativity.

There were some really good threads created by him.. He did participate and add positive information to the group..."
    From the Forum Policies:
    Trolling: Any message deemed a "troll" post made only to instigate debate or conflict will be permanently deleted. Chronic offenders of this policy will be warned one time. If the behavior continues, the member may be banned.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Brian prefers rum. In ludicrous quantities.
    Something else i've seen on AZ.... I'm a recent convert to Captain and Coke...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Brian prefers rum. In ludicrous quantities.
    Did I tell you he was shouting out the window on the drive home?
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

I voted yes, but for the most part I would say no. However, the moderating that does take place is extremely subjective. And yes, a certain amount of that is unavoidable. However, much of it can very easily be objective. Ex. Either allow cursing or don't. Allow political commentary or don't. I will refrain from posting any specific examples, but people seem to be held to different standards here as well. If certain people take offense to a comment the moderating hammer comes down.

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    From the Forum Policies:
    So whats your point...?
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    It's a thread on whether or not people feel this place is over moderated. Seems like a fairly appropriate place to post my feelings on it no? And I would also disagree in that in the Skidbump thread, both Greg and Brian have defended how and why they've moderated certain situations.

As if often said, if you don't like it, don't read it.
    yes it is a thread about over moderation. And in my opinion, you fell into the same mode you always do. Telling us what a difficult job you have. You've stated this many times. my point is to give it a rest. if you say the same thing over and over, you lose the intended effect and just alienate the people who arent even giving you the problems.

I have no idea what you're trying to insinuate with that last comment.

i read what i want and i comment on what i want. what i've NEVER done in here is tell people they should stop posting about a subject. I may poke fun at people who constantly bring up the same subjects, just as i take plenty of heat for talking about sundown and moguls.

I'll take a nice heavy Red Wine or a Woodford Reserve Bourbon neat with a Smuttynose Pale Ale back.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I'll take a nice heavy Red Wine or a Woodford Reserve Bourbon neat with a Smuttynose Pale Ale back.

thanks
    You'll drink whats in the cooler and like it...

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    So whats your point...?
    I don't want this thread to degenerate into what the other has... but one can view the bumping of GSS-authored threads that include completely irrelevant topics as an act to instigate conflict. Hence, trolling.

Your kids probably don't like them either...

What the hell do my kids have to do with this discussion?

Thread Information