Is AlpineZone Over-moderated? - Page 5

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Is AlpineZone Over-moderated?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 22.41%
  • No

    45 77.59%
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 209
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    I don't want this thread to degenerate into what the other has... but one can view the bumping of GSS-authored threads that include completely irrelevant topics as an act to instigate conflict. Hence, trolling.
    yes but if this is a subjectively moderated forum surely the good things he's posted and added will offset any said "trolling". And the person should be allowed to explain why they did this horrible thing to everyone to cause such conflict...

    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

  2. #42
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    What the hell do my kids have to do with this discussion?
    My point is you lecture your kids when they act up. We contact members too, usually via PM, when they act up. Believe or not, grown men and women do have the ability to act pretty childish at times. But I get the whole "I'm an adult, don't lecture me" thing. If anyone has a problem with how something is handled by one of the mods, they should contact me directly and I'll mediate, or at least try to.
    I ski double black diamonds.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    yes but if this is a subjectively moderated forum surely the good things he's posted and added will offset any said "trolling". And the person should be allowed to explain why they did this horrible thing to everyone to cause such conflict...
    The threads weren't locked or moderated, were they?

    The topic came up from someone who is not a moderator. There was discussion, but no moderating involved.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    The threads weren't locked or moderated, were they?

    The topic came up from someone who is not a moderator. There was discussion, but no moderating involved.
    so again.. whats your point?
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    yes it is a thread about over moderation. And in my opinion, you fell into the same mode you always do. Telling us what a difficult job you have. You've stated this many times. my point is to give it a rest. if you say the same thing over and over, you lose the intended effect and just alienate the people who arent even giving you the problems.
    I think you can search the forum over and you'll never once here me say 'oh what a difficult job I have'. That certainly wasn't my point. dmc said things were subjective, I agreed.

    I will give my opinion when it is asked. That just so happens to be often lately. If people wouldn't bring it up, I wouldn't either.

    but thanks for taking the opportunity to tell me you don't like how I roll. I'll put that in my moderating journal

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    You'll drink whats in the cooler and like it...
    probably

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Are there bylaws against bumping a thread that just happened to be started by someone that is not in "favor"?

    I think it's cool to see some of the really good and entertaining threads that these people started. It shows the good things about them to help temper the negativity.

    There were some really good threads created by him.. He did participate and add positive information to the group..."
    Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    From the Forum Policies:
    Trolling: Any message deemed a "troll" post made only to instigate debate or conflict will be permanently deleted. Chronic offenders of this policy will be warned one time. If the behavior continues, the member may be banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    So whats your point...?
    Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    I don't want this thread to degenerate into what the other has... but one can view the bumping of GSS-authored threads that include completely irrelevant topics as an act to instigate conflict. Hence, trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    yes but if this is a subjectively moderated forum surely the good things he's posted and added will offset any said "trolling". And the person should be allowed to explain why they did this horrible thing to everyone to cause such conflict...
    Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    The threads weren't locked or moderated, were they?

    The topic came up from someone who is not a moderator. There was discussion, but no moderating involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    so again.. whats your point?
    That it wouldn't be illogical for someone to think it was trolling and report the posts. In the end, clearly the mods decided it wasn't and let them stand. You asked "Are there bylaws against bumping a thread that just happened to be started by someone that is not in "favor"?" and there's your answer. Depends on the intent of bumping those threads. Doesn't mean people won't choose to discuss it on their own, however.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    That it wouldn't be illogical for someone to think it was trolling and report the posts. In the end, clearly the mods decided it wasn't and let them stand. You asked "Are there bylaws against bumping a thread that just happened to be started by someone that is not in "favor"?" and there's your answer. Depends on the intent of bumping those threads. Doesn't mean people won't choose to discuss it on their own, however.
    I bumped a bunch of his threads and nobody said anything to me... It's already been established that I am treated differently then others... Good for me..

    I wonder if i got reported... But i didn't say anything to reveal my intent - which was to show people that GSS COULD be a participant to this place...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    probably
    Mainly because i can't buy most of that stuff in NY...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    My point is you lecture your kids when they act up. We contact members too, usually via PM, when they act up. Believe or not, grown men and women do have the ability to act pretty childish at times. But I get the whole "I'm an adult, don't lecture me" thing. If anyone has a problem with how something is handled by one of the mods, they should contact me directly and I'll mediate.
    do me a favor and find a different analogy next time. my children and my disciplinary style with them has no bearing on or parallel to alpinezone.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:31 PM.