Is AlpineZone Over-moderated? - Page 6

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Is AlpineZone Over-moderated?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 22.41%
  • No

45 77.59%
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    do me a favor and find a different analogy next time. my children and my disciplinary style with them has no bearing on or parallel to alpinezone.
    I said something about raising kids once to Greg and got schooled - since I dont have them... I'm sure he agrees with you..

"Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I think you can search the forum over and you'll never once here me say 'oh what a difficult job I have'. That certainly wasn't my point. dmc said things were subjective, I agreed.

I will give my opinion when it is asked. That just so happens to be often lately. If people wouldn't bring it up, I wouldn't either.

but thanks for taking the opportunity to tell me you don't like how I roll. I'll put that in my moderating journal
    I'm not telling you i dont like how you roll. I was trying to offer you some constructive criticism. If it came off as more then that, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    My point is you lecture your kids when they act up. We contact members too, usually via PM, when they act up. Believe or not, grown men and women do have the ability to act pretty childish at times. But I get the whole "I'm an adult, don't lecture me" thing. If anyone has a problem with how something is handled by one of the mods, they should contact me directly and I'll mediate, or at least try to.
    What is more childish to me than posting something that could perhaps be seen as such, is grown adults running to a mod "He offended me" "He hurt my feelings" "He broke the rules". I think some people need a backbone, and to not take what is posted on the internet so seriously or personally.

My point is you lecture your kids when they act up. We contact members too, usually via PM, when they act up. Believe or not, grown men and women do have the ability to act pretty childish at times. But I get the whole "I'm an adult, don't lecture me" thing. If anyone has a problem with how something is handled by one of the mods, they should contact me directly and I'll mediate, or at least try to.

I agree 100%:

We're Evil! If you don't agree with us or if you criticize a ski area that advertises here, we'll ban your ass!!!! Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship. Censorship.

Bwah-hah-hah-hah...

And GSS doesn't give a flying fuck about this community, one that is often based on face-to-face interactions out on the hill. AZ is more than just some message board (might be why Carrie felt comfortable reaching out during a difficult time). GSS only cared about AZ to the extent that it provided him a way to keep his mind occupied while he was alone at night in his stark apartment, or taking tombstone orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverskier View Post
    What is more childish to me than posting something that could perhaps be seen as such, is grown adults running to a mod "He offended me" "He hurt my feelings" "He broke the rules". I think some people need a backbone, and to not take what is posted on the internet so seriously or personally.
    Let's not rehash this in this thread... there was already a thread on this. This is another viewing of the forum as community -vs- anonymous grounds for anarchy. There are rules here for a reason, if none other than a small iota of decency and civility. Decrying those who respect the rules as being childish is ludicrous. Do you obey laws? Do you follow the rules at your place of employment? Do you wear shirts and shoes in restaurants?

To discredit someone else's feelings because they're not in line with your own flippant views on forums is disrespectful.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    Let's not rehash this in this thread... there was already a thread on this. This is another viewing of the forum as community -vs- anonymous grounds for anarchy. There are rules here for a reason, if none other than a small iota of decency and civility. Decrying those who respect the rules as being childish is ludicrous. Do you obey laws? Do you follow the rules at your place of employment? Do you wear shirts and shoes in restaurants?
    Is it OK to question the rules when they seem to be enforced differently from different people to different people?

How can something that said for entertainment be compared to wearing shoes or not showing up on time to make widgets?

to many of us - this is just entertainment..
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Is it OK to question the rules when they seem to be enforced differently from different people to different people?

How can something that said for entertainment be compared to wearing shoes or not showing up on time to make widgets?

to many of us - this is just entertainment..
    To many it's a community where we wouldn't say something we wouldn't say in person.

Go ahead! Question the rules! But if you were to question the rules in society, wouldn't you do it in a more constructive manner than such has been done on here?
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    do me a favor and find a different analogy next time. my children and my disciplinary style with them has no bearing on or parallel to alpinezone.
    I hope you're not serious. You know I wasn't making any parallels between AZ and how you discipline your kids, especially since I have no idea how you discipline your kids....

I hope you're not serious. You know I wasn't making any parallels between AZ and how you discipline your kids, especially since I have no idea how you discipline your kids....
    i found your analogy inappropriate and derogatory. I reported the abuse to the mod team. I expect full bannage or I'm gonna take my complaint to the owner......

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    I agree 100%:
    I was trying to add levity to the thread, Andy while pointing out your cries of overmoderation here are a bit over the top, evidenced by the poll result here.

As for my impression of GSS, I'm willing to bet I'm dead on...

Thread Information